Lost my Oakley shades, need something new. Give me ideas!

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
After 5-6 years of having a pair of Oakley's I really liked I have lost them.

Thinking about going with these, any idea's where to get a good deal online? OR do any of you guys sell them. I would like to help a Buick Brother out if you can hook me up....

Ty

Oakley Custom Eyewear

I always like the wrap around glasses Bret "the Hitman" Hart wore. If I didn't wear eyeglasses I would be all over a pair.
Or you could get a pair of the ones old folks wear or a pair of infomercial glasses.

Just a thought, good luck in your search!

As hard as I try and as often as I look I always go back to Oakleys. I really like the new Bottlecaps. I have had the same pair of Oakleys myself for (3) years now which is a miracle imo. When I loose these I will replace them with the Bottlecaps most likely.

I have entertained ordering a custom set tho from Oakley with the colors I want.

I bought my Thump Pro (MP3) off of Ebay brand new still in the plastic for $210.00 last year. I would go to the Oakley store and see what you like and then order them from one of the power sellers off of Ebay. Probably save 40%.

As hard as I try and as often as I look I always go back to Oakleys. I really like the new Bottlecaps. I have had the same pair of Oakleys myself for (3) years now which is a miracle imo. When I loose these I will replace them with the Bottlecaps most likely.

I have entertained ordering a custom set tho from Oakley with the colors I want.

I bought my Thump Pro (MP3) off of Ebay brand new still in the plastic for $210.00 last year. I would go to the Oakley store and see what you like and then order them from one of the power sellers off of Ebay. Probably save 40%.

No kidding, WOW I better check that out. Thanks Brett:cool:

I've had Oakleys, Killer loops, Gargoyles, Raybands, and always went back to Oakleys... overpriced? yeah... but they last and have the best warranty. BTW if you travel you can find good sets of rip off Oakley's... polarized and all, China town...

I've always wore M-Frame and since Oakley has pretty much done away with the M-Frame I've been on a mad search. I found just what I was looking for after about 2 months of looking Oakley "Half Wire". Try a pair of them on, I love mine. Other than choosing a new turbo, this is one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in a while. Good luck

A buddy of mine ran into a pair of big aviator style glasses with the tan color lens that say buick across the bottom of the right lens. I'll have em on at BG this year!! :biggrin:

I've had Oakleys, Killer loops, Gargoyles, Raybands, and always went back to Oakleys... overpriced? yeah... but they last and have the best warranty. BTW if you travel you can find good sets of rip off Oakley's... polarized and all, China town...

Hook me up LOL

I've had Oakleys, Ray-Bans, Rudy Projects, and many others. I recently got a pair of Smith Optics, and the lenses are much better than anything I've had before. And the prices are pretty good.

Smith Optics

For $24 I buy a box of polarized 1 piece wrap around safety glasses. 18 to a box, I will stomp on'em just for the F of it. I used to have nice glasses, but I was sick of them falling off my melon into the lake.

There's a couple of sexy catfish at the bottom of Cedar Creek Lake sporting Ray's.

IMO there is a night and day difference with the polarized lenses...especially looking at water in bright sunlight.

That's about right. There is only a night and day difference when reducing the glare from the reflection off the water tho. Sunlight in general is only slightly different with polarized glasses. I have tried both and would say that polarized is overall better but not a night and day difference overall. Only if your going to be out on the water.