Lost a good friend

2slowlt1s

Well I don't normally post my personal business online but I felt this is something that should be shared with all. My close friend(best man at my wedding) Sgt Alessandro "Alex" Carbonaro 2nd Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C. died on May 10th from wounds received from an IED while on combat operations in Al-Anbar province Iraq on May 1st. Alex was a great man and a great Marine who will be greatly missed. I undertook the recon indoc with him as well as standing a security post in NY on 9/11 and the days following. He was my roomate and a great friend the first friend to hold my daughter when she was born. He will be greatly missed.

Sorry bro I know how you feel we have lost a few soldiers in my company and had a few of my own soldier WIA and sent home in bad shape in the past 9 months. Theres nothing worst than dealing with the loss of a soldier. Keep your head up.
Dan

I am sorry for you and your family's loss. We have lost far too many soldiers over there.

Not only did this country lose a great soldier, he was one of your best friends. I lost my best friend just 3 months ago who was also my best man in my wedding. I completely understand your loss and the empty spot you are feeling thinking about all the good times you had and he will not be there next time. Time heals, but it is difficult to replace close friends you have known most of your life. Take care and our thoughts and prayers will be with you.