losing then winning

1qik6

I wanted to thank those who replied to my "Questions" in the tech forum. SO- Thanks, you were a BIG help! I ordered some stuff from bmc performance (chip, th dwnpipe, full exhaust with pitbull mufflers, adj. wastegate, scanmaster2, etc...) Last night I finally got to test my little buick and it's new found parts. First up was a ws6 transam. He has a good rep about being fast here. He has a 150 shot of spray and was on nittos., I was on street tires. We went from a dead stop and he killed me off the line. I made about a car up but lost to about 2 car lengths. Spinning was the reason I thought, so I asked to run again. After a cool down, I launched at 2psi according to my boost gauge, and we were closer this time out of the hole. He only won by about a car this time. A Camaro was up next against me who only had a LOUD exhaust. It was an lt1 and I beat him about 2-2 2/12 cars with a little spinning.
Just wanted to let you guys know the combo works! I didn't think it was too bad losing to a transam with nitrous and on dots with me on street tires...what do you think? With dots of my own, I think I'll hurt him??????

Any more suggestions would be GREAT!

Thanks to all who helped.

With DOT's you can probably get him off the line, maybe even a car length, but with a 150 shot, gonna be tough to beat with out race gas and more boost :)
Dan

You should take him with stickies and some boost off the line. Those cars are known for not being a hard launcher, even with stickies due to weak rear ends. They like to go from a roll, which is where they really shine.:cool:

Thanks guys! We're suppose to run again this weekend..hopefully get to film it and put on the net. I'am also taking you're advice and adding a little 110 turbo-blue and turn the boost up a bit. I have borrowed some DOT'S from a buddy of mine..been practicing launching with them. Hopefully this time, it'll be a different outcome!

Thank again!
I'll keep you posted.