Looking for TR-friendly shop to do converter install.

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
I was going to use a friend's lift and trans jack to swap converters, but that probably isn't going to happen now.

Can't do it lying on my back in the garage..so..looking for a shop near Dexter (Ann Arbor) to take the GN to.

I checked the dealership and they want 400+ for the job. Hoping a TR shop will be less.

Any suggestions?

will

Aggressive Auto in Roseville is a reputable place, Bruce has had his hands in my engine. Also, there is a guy named Brian that is a local buick transmission guru. I think he is on the vendor list. I can't recall his username. HTH

yeah, I've used Bruce before too. I have him in mind but he's an hour and a half away. Wondering who else is out in the world.

I know Brian beefs up trannys but I don't know if he does the work I'm looking for. He is/was in my club so I'll drop him a line :)

Any shops in lansing?

$400??? its a two hour job even for me. (with a lift,air tools,and trans jack of course)

exactly. That's why I'm looking for help so I can do it myself and learn :)

It doesn't look hard, but I can't do it with the car on the ground.

exactly. That's why I'm looking for help so I can do it myself and learn :)

It doesn't look hard, but I can't do it with the car on the ground.

Get 4 jackstands & thats all you need along with a part sheet/peice of plywood or a metal tray to hold the tranny.

Its not that bad you need a good floor jack( borrow or rent a trans jack if you can find one).... and good sized piece of wood 2x6 to support the tranny under the pan and dont forget to either get a plug for the tailshaft or take an old yoke and stick it in the back of the tranny...Replace the front and rear seals while ur at it too....Its a job if ur on ur back but not impossible...it also helps to have a competent friend there to work the jack and help you line it up to get it back in...

Hey Bill. I haven't talked with you in a long time. Did you find any one to install your convertor. I usually get $150.00 to swap a convertor if I am not doing anything else to the trans. I am a little ways away, just north of Hillsdale.