Looking for the TR upgrade/mod cookbook

LeeRemmos

been doing some research and I think I have an idea as to what upgrades/mods to a stock TR should be done and in what order. I am thinking on doing it in phases with a few mods at a time that work well together and will ensure everything will stay rock solid. I am looking for input on phases of bolt-ons up through a bigger turbo

Im thinking the first phase should be:

Scanmaster, drag radials, fuel pump/hotwire, injectors, valve springs, open air filter/ram air, downpipe, and chip.

Am I missing anything on the first volley of upgrades? My goal is to bump up performance a bit while keeping relatively stock.

And, what you think should be in phase II?

Thx

After scan master and fuel pump/hotwire I'd do all body bushings including gnx, replacement springs if still stock, bilstein shocks and all available braces front frame, connecting front, under hood, back seat... upgrade front and rear sway bars with larger, baer brakes at least in the front, now you have a solid platform to build on which will transfer your power adders to the road.

been doing some research and I think I have an idea as to what upgrades/mods to a stock TR should be done and in what order. I am thinking on doing it in phases with a few mods at a time that work well together and will ensure everything will stay rock solid. I am looking for input on phases of bolt-ons up through a bigger turbo

Im thinking the first phase should be:

Scanmaster, drag radials, fuel pump/hotwire, injectors, valve springs, open air filter/ram air, downpipe, and chip.

Am I missing anything on the first volley of upgrades? My goal is to bump up performance a bit while keeping relatively stock.

And, what you think should be in phase II?

Thx

The downpipe's expensive. The downpipe can wait for now until your in the 11's from what's been documented in the stickys here...You can raise the boost high with meth(razors alky kit) kit or high octane fuel. But I would start at 17psi with turbotweak chip and matching injectors/hotwire/fuel pump. Make sure the turbo is in good shape even if it's stock. Check for oil in the intercooler and throttle body, it will tell you if the turbo is bad or crappen out. Also adjustable fuel pressure regulator(and a gauge kit to test fuel is raising with boost is important). A rjc boost controler works well. The scanmaster is first thing I would get/check for vacuum leaks also, I'd leave the brakes and valve springs, just make sure their good, plus spring cleaning.

Last edited: