looking for ted from Epitome

auto_5

has anybody heard from him order a few cars from him and havent seen the cars at all. have left messages and emails and still nothing . wtf never had problems from him ever

I tried his website while surfing the other day. Doesn't appear that it is working.

:confused: Did you try to get a hold of him on here? His username is Epitome. He is a moderator of this forum but I just looked at his profile and his last activity shown on here was April 27th, 2009 at 7:54 PM. Maybe I'll try giving him a call tomorrow...

I haven't ever had an issue with Ted but he hasn't been around the grill and headlight bezels never made it i wonder what happend to him :confused:

I talked to him briefly on the phone on the 18th and mentioned this thread to him, and also asked him about his website. He said it should be back up in a couple of weeks to a month, and that he'd be back on the board soon so I guess wait a bit more and see...just thought I'd try to help.

It's really unfortunate about the grilles and headlight bezels. I had a decent-sized preorder placed with him (about $820 worth) and here on the board I was sticking by my decision to buy them from him when others had long since given up, but it got to the point where I couldn't wait any longer myself so I ended up buying the stuff from Paul Castle. I had placed the preorder with Epitome somewhere between March and May 2008 and made the decision to buy from Paul Castle in May of this year at the Buick show in Norwalk so I felt I'd waited long enough.

auto_5, he said the site has been down for some time. When did you place your order?

I miss Ted he is a real good guy i haven't baught bezels or a grill i can wait till he's ready cause Ted is good people

I miss Ted he is a real good guy i haven't baught bezels or a grill i can wait till he's ready cause Ted is good people

I agree with the part about him being a good guy; I've talked with him a few times on the phone and he seems like a great person. I've never heard any complaints about him at all with exception of the people that grumbled about the grilles and bezels taking so long. To be honest I don't know if he's still moving forward with them, since most of the potential buyers he had probably went with the other reproductions available (myself included; I had 2 grilles and a set of bezels on preorder with him), or maybe by now some of them don't even have their cars anymore. I've contemplated selling my car probably 2 or 3 times since my preorder was placed but didn't have the heart to follow through with it. A lot could have happened in the year or more it's been since these reproductions were first advertised on the board. If he still does manage to release these parts, I truly hope he does really well with them as far as sales go. Personally I'd like to see more diecasts too--I know they might not be feasible what with tooling costs etc., but I think some T-top and Astroroof diecasts would be great, as well as some Limiteds with Landau roofs, the factory methanol test cars, and some of the more famous race cars like they did with Tweaked. It would also be nice to see what GMP would do with the TTA since some people (not me) are displeased with the Greenlight model.

i am not in anyway saying hes a bad guy.i have bought many diecast buicks from him.i have put an order in for the two drag cars .he has taken the money i do believe but i havent got any cars yet and its been awhile. i have called him many times and emailed him too with no response. was just wanting to make sure everthing is ok and trying to get a date when i will get my buicks thats all.