looking for stainless dual exhaust

1bad85gn

Just like the title says, I am looking to replace my exhaust with stainless. With ATR out of the picture I dont know what to buy. I want stock location in stainless. Thanks for any info.

Stock location meaning the crossflow muffler? There is lots of options there but for the money the pypes stainless is hard to beat, I have a cotton's 2.5 "stainless with 2 Manaflows and its a great exhaust, but I really like the RJC 3'' crossflow very nice.

I see how that sounds confusing. What I meant was duel exhaust, not single.
The RJC piece looks nice but with one muffler is it real loud? That polished system looks nice but I have never heard of that vendor, any feedback? Thanks for the suggestions my 9 year old alluminized 3" Cottons has been modified by me too many times and is now ugly and the mufflers are starting to rust...stainless here I come.

There's actually a few different vendors that carry the pollished system. Its not American made but it is a good quality system. I have it on my Stage car and love the sound. Looks nice too. It's basically a knock off of the ATR system.

Hey jdpolzin, how loud is that exhaust? Is the drone bad? I really like the look of the polished stainless just dont want to be annoyed. Thanks for the info.

Well actually it's not too loud at all. It has a good hollow sound to it so it doesnt drone at all. It makes the car sound like a V8 at idle but I do have a decent cam in my car too. I like it, I really like it actually. it makes the car sound like a muscle car but not like a droning V6 muscle car. More like a tame V8 sound. I switched to this from a 3" single shot. The 3" single shot was cool sounding and it really turned heads but man I got a headache after driving it for an hour. This is way better. I dont know how built your motor is but if you search for board member "coach" he has the same exhaust on his low mile pretty mild car. He may be able to give you another opinion. I love it though!

Hey guys I put a pypes violator series non polished stainless 2 1/2" catback system from summit and fit,sounds, and looks decent. $395/shipped went on easy just took to local muffler shop and welded where i clamped.

Just like the title says, I am looking to replace my exhaust with stainless. With ATR out of the picture I dont know what to buy. I want stock location in stainless. Thanks for any info.

I bought a GN1 Performance 3" dual stainless steel system and I'm very satisfied with it. I tried posting the link for you, but for some reason, it doesn't work. Do a search with Yahoo and enter "GN1Performance" in the search box and it will find it for you.
Hope this helps...

Claude. :smile:

I bought a GN1 Performance 3" dual stainless steel system and I'm very satisfied with it. I tried posting the link for you, but for some reason, it doesn't work. Do a search with Yahoo and enter "GN1Performance" in the search box and it will find it for you.

Claude. :smile:

Link might not work because they are not supporting vendors.

Yeah they block out anything that isnt a supporting vendor. I wonder how Pypes can have their stuff talked about on here though?

Yeah they block out anything that isnt a supporting vendor. I wonder how Pypes can have their stuff talked about on here though?

Probably because Pypes isn't signing on under fake names to advertise for free. ;)

but I get what your saying. ;) ;)

Probably because Pypes isn't signing on under fake names to advertise for free. ;)

but I get what your saying. ;) ;)

yeah that was a lot of drama for sure! But Mark at TR Custom Parts I believe is a supporting vendor and sell the same product so you may try him out instead of GN1. Either way, I like my set up!

my posting about pypes

I just put what i purchased for my car from the best price not trying to start anything, sorry if anyone took it the wrong way.

Actually I think the Pypes stainless exhaust is a great bang for the buck. I wish they made a 3" set up. The 2.5 would choke my car. Thats an excellent system for the money!

I'll have a 2.5 Dual ATR system up for sale this weekend. It is in mint shape. No junk...:D