Looking for some input

Kellen gn

I purchased my first gn in january and have just started really driving it this month. When i picked up the car it had been sitting for two years and did not run. I got it home and followed the spring cleaning guide on gnttype.org to get it back in running order. After it was running i had it painted and got it back in april. Now that it is back together and i have it on the road i am having some questions about the car. First here are the mods that i know it has, upgraded fuel pump with hotwire, adjustible fpr, blue top injectors, cas fmic, te-60, 3" ss downpipe, and reds 93 chip. I also have a fuel pressure gauge, boost gauge and knock gauge. My questions are about the gas mileage first off, I am only getting around 12 mpg with conservative driving. Second I have stock size tires and my speedo is around 10 mph fast (I don't know if the trans has been rebuilt). Is the chip i have alright for street driving? or should i look at investing in a new chip. Also i am looking at investing in a scan tool but i am unsure of which to purchase some have told me scanmaster and others said for the money to go ahead and invest in the powerlogger.

Thanks for any input that you have,

Kellen

Typically, a TR will get 15 to 18 MPG around town with some highway. With the speedo reading 10mph fast, it may be possible the car has 3:73 gears, which would account for your poor gas mileage. Oh, and if your speedo reads fast, your odometer is off too. I guess I should suggest the Scanmaster also. It's most practical for everyday driving and troubleshooting. Chips OK.

As far as the gearing goes what rpm should i be looking at around 60mph with stock gear ratio?

Scanmaster is in the car all the time. Powerlogger can be, but it requires a laptop to monitor. Personally, I hate having a chip I don't know about so buying a new chip is cheap investment on these cars.

Scanmaster is in the car all the time. Powerlogger can be, but it requires a laptop to monitor. Personally, I hate having a chip I don't know about so buying a new chip is cheap investment on these cars.

Reds chips are known to be a bit rich. As for the mph being off....I agree with the possibility of 3.73's A quick check on the gearing would be to rotate a rear wheel 10 times, and count the number of times the driveshaft rotates. Divide the ds rotations by 10. You could rotate the wheel just once, but it's more accurate with 10 rotations. ie. If the ds turned 37 rotations to the wheels 10, you would have 3.70 gears. hth

My car runs around 2000rpm at 60mph when checked from gps. As far as the scan tool i like the idea of the scanmaster being in the car at all times but for twenty dollars more it seems worth it to buy the powerlogger. Is it mostly agreed that the TT chips are the best chip to go with for the TR?

TT or Full throttle are both good chips. Do you know the stall of your torque converter? That might also contribute to your gas mileage.

I am unsure of the stall of my converter but i do know it is a d5 so i am assuming that the stall is not to high.