Looking for Puddin!!!!! Help!

DiverDavies

Diver Davies
I need to find Puddin in TN. I would like to get his ideas on a problem that has reared its ugly head.I have a adj wastgate and its set @ 15 lbs. The car runs Very strong @ 5,10,12 lbs of boost, about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. When I go wot the boost starts going up then down just a lil to 12lbs or so. I let out because i didnt want to put another head gasket on the car. I was able to go wot a few days ago. no problem. now problem!!! The fuel sys is the only thing I havent changed anything about. My chip came from TT for my injecters. 009s . The car had and has a hot wire kit on it. I dont know anything about the fuel pump. Could it be a fuel filter?? I changed it less than a year ago. Also my scanmaster said no nock and in the 800s. Help!!!!:confused: I need Puddin to hold my hand..:frown:

I need Puddin to hold my hand..:frown:

Is there something you need to tell us??? LOL Jk I hadda. :tongue: You need to check and see if your waste gate isn't binding first, then get a boost control of some sort. How high are you trying to get as far as boost?

12#.. Sounds to me as tho the boost is being controlled off the spring in the w/g actuator. The fact boost gets to 15, then drops is just a bit of overshoot.
If you don't know wtf is with the fuel pump, I'd suggest a fp gauge and see if it holds base + boost. If not, U could be headed toward another h/g experience.

I'll make some phone calls this weel and see if I can track him down I had his number a while back.

Is there something you need to tell us??? LOL Jk I hadda. :tongue: You need to check and see if your waste gate isn't binding first, then get a boost control of some sort. How high are you trying to get as far as boost?

I love this board... :p I do have a controler(manual) . The wastgate was checked. Alls Good There.. The power just fell off a lil bit. like the motor lost power, not loss of boost. the boost fell off because the motor lost some power.. :confused:

12#.. Sounds to me as tho the boost is being controlled off the spring in the w/g actuator. The fact boost gets to 15, then drops is just a bit of overshoot.
If you don't know wtf is with the fuel pump, I'd suggest a fp gauge and see if it holds base + boost. If not, U could be headed toward another h/g experience.

I have a fuel press gauge underhood. I cant see it @ wot.. The pump may be fine but I dont know... How do I check it.. Sorry about the stupid questions...

I sent him the link to this thread..

For starters since you have no idea about the pump I WOULD CHANGE IT! Better to be safe than sorry.

Then I would get a gauge to watch the fuel pressure.

Then your ready for the track for some testing to figure out whats going on with the boost.

just my .02

Scot W.

I sent him the link to this thread..

For starters since you have no idea about the pump I WOULD CHANGE IT! Better to be safe than sorry.

Then I would get a gauge to watch the fuel pressure.

Then your ready for the track for some testing to figure out whats going on with the boost.

just my .02

Scot W.

Thanks.. Thats good advice. I dont know what fuel pump to get. I dont want to race the car. I dont go wot too much. But I dont want to blow up the car if I do. TT chip for my injectors, 009s, TA49 Big FMIC , 3 in bp ext wastgate, hot wire kit, ... I drive this car on the streets and love how it pulls @ 3/4 throtle. The car is just to nice to thrash all the time.. Im scared Im going to kill it if I go wot.. Help

Thanks.. Thats good advice. I dont know what fuel pump to get. I dont want to race the car. I dont go wot too much. But I dont want to blow up the car if I do. TT chip for my injectors, 009s, TA49 Big FMIC , 3 in bp ext wastgate, hot wire kit, ... I drive this car on the streets and love how it pulls @ 3/4 throtle. The car is just to nice to thrash all the time.. Im scared Im going to kill it if I go wot.. Help
For a stock replacement intank pump Both Puddin and I like the Red's XP pumps.

Just hold off for now untill you speak with him. But i'm sure he would want you to have a known good pump in it before going WOT.

Keep us posted..

Scot W.

For a stock replacement intank pump Both Puddin and I like the Red's XP pumps.

Just hold off for now untill you speak with him. But i'm sure he would want you to have a known good pump in it before going WOT.

Keep us posted..

Scot W.

Thanks.. Do you know where i can find him?

I have a fuel press gauge underhood. I cant see it @ wot.. The pump may be fine but I dont know... How do I check it.. QUOTE]

Take off the hood, have a friend stab the throttle and steer while you climb out and stretch your neck really good to see the gauge.
Takes a little practice.... :)

I'll give him a call tonight if you still need him. I've got his new computer sitting here in Virginia Beach... He's been offline since last month or so. He's got my car out in Knoxville right now... Should be picking it up next week....

---Ron Jr.

I'll give him a call tonight if you still need him. I've got his new computer sitting here in Virginia Beach... He's been offline since last month or so. He's got my car out in Knoxville right now... Should be picking it up next week....

---Ron Jr.

I am looking for an "S" you got one?:wink: