looking for knock retard !

turbowidow

first,let me thank all of you for renewing my obsession with these cars. i have been reading this site for two months now and you guys have given me all the info needed to get this BUIAC (1989 TTA) back out and up to snuff. my question is this:when running in WOT, i usually see 4-8 knock signals on my reader(MPSI PRO LINK model#9000) but i do NOT show any knock retard. currently i'm using R/A 93 chip with ANS boost controller,adj. waste gate, and "stock" upgrade turbo (82e/63i) with bored waste gate hole.boost pressure was set @17# but i have flirted with 19#,still no knock retard. is there a way to test ESC before "turning up the wick". my reader does show ESC COMMAND and it always shows NO. p.s. sorry for user name,my wife snuck it in here and i can't seem to re-log in with our computer!

most of the time you can tap on the block with a metal object right by the knock sensor and see if it shows any knock

will tapping on motor while running be enough for ECM to retard timing? should have mentioned that i am using 93 octane in car and i have motor tied down so i don't think my knock signals are coming from DP hitting frame and i don't see any other causes for "false knock"