Looking for input on converter and stall speed

J-Rod

Loooking for some input. In 2003 we got the car together. At that time we put a Vigilante multi-disc lockup converter with an o-pump. I bought it from Conley's performance and at the time Lawrence recommended a Vigilante 4000 rpm converter. The car was apart for about 4 years (converter was bought in 1999). So, once the car was together I immediately noticed the stall speed was waaaay off and a pig out of the hole. Its stalling to 2000-2200 RPM max with the E-Brake locked. I figured at some point we'd pull the transmission out and re-stall the converter. Fast forward, and the tranny is now ready for some TLC.

So, now that we're 10 years down the road I'd like to look at if keeping the Precision and re-stalling it is the hot ticket, or if I should switch out to another converter. The transmission has been modified with the kit from Precision for more fluid (don't know if that matters or not).

Current modifications are:
3.8L .020 over
JE Pistons
Valley polished and crankcase glyptol'd
Polished and shootpeened stock rods with ARP fastners
Billet Caps
Loveridge Girdle
BGC Intake Upper and Lower
Ported GN1s
Scorpion Rockers
Accufab 70MM TB
ATR RP309G Hyd. Roller Cam
ATR Double Pumper
72# Injectors
ATR Headers
THDP
CAS V2 Intercooler
CAS Radiator
Precision Turbo TE63e with ported fast spool housing

I'd also like some input on what folks would recommend for stall speed based on the current modifcations. I'm guessing something in the 3500-3800 range, but I just wanted to get some input based on whats been learned over the last 10 years.

I don't work for Precision but I've restalled alot of their converters to get them closer to what a combo needs.:)