Looking for input on combo

boomcase

I did a search and nothing good comes up so I figured I ask the professionals:biggrin: Since I'm new to 6cyl Turbo Ive been doing alot of reading but need some input. My car has a (I think) PE61 with 42lb injectors, Mass pipe,TT street chip,3in Downpipe, 2 1/2 magnaflow exhaust high flow cat ,3000 stall.
The car seems kinda slow But It may be fooling me not sure. What should these mods make power wise and run(I know the turbo is big for a stocker but thats what the car came with.

Guys when I say slow maybe I should have used a word like flat (doesnt seem to pull to hard). I am in the process of buying a wideband just didnt pick one out yet.

Thanks in advance, Im learning more everytime I read on this site.

Lots of folks will have different opinions on this, not that this is a bad thing. Below is a good link that has lots of good info, even gives some different combinations that work. You may be able to figure out what's best for your wants by doing some research yourself. Knowledge is Power! :eek: :biggrin:

Aside from the doing the typical maintenance things (plugs,wires,fuel filter etc) I would ditch the cat, verify what valve springs and fuel pump are in the car and go from there. A 61mm turbo isn't really too big for a stocker, many people run larger turbo's. A wideband is a great idea to make sure it's safe, how much boost is the car set at now?

like those before me have said, ditch the cat, add some alky. I guess all of this is a non factor until we know your goals?? That 61 will take you quite a ways. What are you tring to achieve with the car.

Concentrate on tuning tools, buy your wideband, and your scanmaster.

I love my PLX wideband. Like with anything there are plenty of good ones out there.

Ok Thanks Guys, the cat is going to have to stay for now the way it sits is how it will get driven, I have no goals (lol) Married with children goals have been meet> I was just looking to se if it was a mismatch per say. The car has full tuneup and a walbro 340 it runs about 15 to 17psi on the TT chip, it has adjustable fuel regulator set at 43psi and a scanmaster. I was just curious on if it should make decent power and a round about what it should be able to run in the 1/4. It seems like its about a 14 second car but like i said it could be fooling me.

if it feels like a 14 sec car. somethings off. probably the tune. start with a tuneup, then i would verify fuel pressure. your car should scream pretty good when tuned and running right. and get atleast a scanmaster and watch to see if its retarding. (is that pc?)

I understand your situation. A wideband and an Alky kit from Razor/Alkycontrol will make you a happy man. Reading and tuning will take you farther than you can imagine with these cars. Yeah and the scanmaster!!

Ok Thanks Guys, the cat is going to have to stay for now the way it sits is how it will get driven, I have no goals (lol) Married with children goals have been meet> I was just looking to se if it was a mismatch per say. The car has full tuneup and a walbro 340 it runs about 15 to 17psi on the TT chip, it has adjustable fuel regulator set at 43psi and a scanmaster. I was just curious on if it should make decent power and a round about what it should be able to run in the 1/4. It seems like its about a 14 second car but like i said it could be fooling me.

Get the alky on there, get your wideband so you can get realtime afr. Then crank the boost 24-26 psi will put you in the 11's with ease. Get some Drag radials or something like that. Take it to the track and have some fun. You'll have a blast learning!! O what kind of converter?? Take it out and play!!