Looking for Indy Lites parts

rag231

A buddy of mine crashed his car that had a stage 2 Indy Lite motor in it and need some parts to get it back on the road. Triangular front cover (magnesium) and many other pieces, if you have any leads let me know, thanks. Should it be moved to a different section including the want ads or stage 2 for sale section?

Ohio George in Dayton Ohio Has Several Indy lite motors As of a couple years
ago he was pretty expensive.
Steve

Contact the race shops around Road Atlanta. Someone will have parts.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

A buddy of mine crashed his car that had a stage 2 Indy Lite motor in it and need some parts to get it back on the road. Triangular front cover (magnesium) and many other pieces, if you have any leads let me know, thanks. Should it be moved to a different section including the want ads or stage 2 for sale section?
Hi. For whatever it's worth I have an Indy lights engine complete (no triangular cover) purchased at a Foyt Andretti auction years ago. You can see it at www.bestrex.com

That's an actual Indy Car engine. Indy lites were powered by 4cyl motors like Mazda and Ferd.

currently cutting it the F loose

Indy Lights were powered by Normally aspirated Buick S2 engines for many years. I have a picture of one of these Indy Lights engine/car hanging in my garage. Ohio George was one of the builders (He told me there were several). The engines were a sealed unit that the race teams leased. Most of the engines were OffCenter blocks. All had electronic Kinsler FI controlled by a special Delco ECM that had a MAP sensor built in (he showed me an ECM). When the series switched to the 4.0 Olds/Cad V8, Ohio George bought a BUNCH of the complete engines back. He had dozens of complete engines and plenty of spare parts.

Someday those engines may hit the market........I'll be in line to buy if the price is right.

George isn't a spring chicken anymore, he's been holding onto that stuff for a long time. My guess is that you won't see it hit the market until there is an estate sale. I had a friend that bought a new Off center block from George about 10 years ago but it was pricey so he's willing to sell if you've got deep pockets.

Neal

I stand corrected. I thought Indy lites were open wheel club cars.

currently cutting it the F loose

If your friend has a March Indy lights car he can get most of the
Chassis parts from Andy Gilberg at marchives.com

I have several of the triangular front covers.
Conrad

Here is a start.

Attachments

• Stage Front Cover #1-1.jpg
    Stage Front Cover #1-1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 199
  • Stage Front Cover #2-1.jpg
    Stage Front Cover #2-1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 191
Do you have a "cover or cap" for the McLaren front covers you have? I've an Indycar engine that's missing one; they're usually carbon fibre. I've got a set of bare Indy Lights heads if you have any interest.