looking for good stroker kit for stock 109

I'm supposed to be having a stroker built right now. However my engine builder has had an issue getting the crank. I understand that DLS is making the stroker kits with as a wide journal crank (which requires different rods) than the narrow journal crank that my engine builder was working to build.

What is the advantages/disadvantages of the wide journal vs narrow journal? If all the machine work has already been done would I be able to buy different rods (because my engine builder already has everything but the crank) and use the wide journal crank setup?

Thanks for the info.

Yep, You will need a crank and Rods, also rod bearings. The pistons you currently have should work.

Wide journal is better because you get more oil inbetween the crank and rods.

Hope that helps

I just checked. Rods are not available for 6-8 weeks. Cranks doesn't do much good without them. Any other suggestions?

I'm supposed to be having a stroker built right now. However my engine builder has had an issue getting the crank. I understand that DLS is making the stroker kits with as a wide journal crank (which requires different rods) than the narrow journal crank that my engine builder was working to build.

What is the advantages/disadvantages of the wide journal vs narrow journal? If all the machine work has already been done would I be able to buy different rods (because my engine builder already has everything but the crank) and use the wide journal crank setup?

Thanks for the info.

The TA catalog shows a standard "narrow" width journal 3.625" stroke forged crank, but their website shows the wide journal version. Give them a call, maybe they have both kinds available.

TA has had narrow journal but don't have any right now. My engine builder is pretty tight with TA and has already checked.