Looking for front dash and rear speakers

msboost

Looking for 4 factory spearkers or ones that would fit right in the spot without drilling or mods. Looking to buy asap. Thanks Mark

Looking for 4 factory spearkers or ones that would fit right in the spot without drilling or mods. Looking to buy asap. Thanks Mark

Hint - mid 80's Cutlass Ciera or similar junk from GM for the front speakers - at the junkyard
Like 5 bucks a pop
You can spot them by a speaker grill on each side of the dash board.
Pry the shitty plastic cover off each side - takes 5 seconds
Then a nutdriver and a pair of dikes to snip the wire.

For rears - 4x10s are stock; 4 ohm
Some still left on G bodies at the boneyard
Cuz no one wants them.
Again - 5 bucks - albeit for junky stock speakers

For a real nice setup - get the 6x9's out of a LeSabre with the rear speaker enclosures.
But they are not plug n play.

Unless you are in one of dem der places where you have 3 feet of snow - then - I'm sorry! :(

Hint - mid 80's Cutlass Ciera or similar junk from GM for the front speakers - at the junkyard
Like 5 bucks a pop
You can spot them by a speaker grill on each side of the dash board.
Pry the shitty plastic cover off each side - takes 5 seconds
Then a nutdriver and a pair of dikes to snip the wire.

For rears - 4x10s are stock; 4 ohm
Some still left on G bodies at the boneyard
Cuz no one wants them.
Again - 5 bucks - albeit for junky stock speakers

For a real nice setup - get the 6x9's out of a LeSabre with the rear speaker enclosures.
But they are not plug n play.

Unless you are in one of dem der places where you have 3 feet of snow - then - I'm sorry! :(
Thanks and have a nice Holiday

You can fit just about any 3-1/4" speaker in the dash, but it is a little fun shimming it down so the tweeter doesn't hit the dash. In the back deck they have an adapter that will let you use 6x9s, they do hit the trunk torsion bars but they do work. I've been using this same setup since the 80s.

You can fit just about any 3-1/4" speaker in the dash, but it is a little fun shimming it down so the tweeter doesn't hit the dash. In the back deck they have an adapter that will let you use 6x9s, they do hit the trunk torsion bars but they do work. I've been using this same setup since the 80s.
Thanks

I have some 3.5" denons for the front that i don't think i"m going to use if there's interest.

How exactly do you "shim one down" to fit?

I have these from 17k car just pulled

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1399599392847.jpg
    1399599392847.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 218
Just seen this is old but have!! Lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

How exactly do you "shim one down" to fit?
I hope this helps, I just saw it and I've been pretty preoccupied trying to find an old set of brake drums I have around here. I just pulled mine and one was broken, and it was alum. like the other set I have, which I can't find. When I did mine I just shimed it down with some 1/4" washers and double sided foam tape. But this is something I found on eBay that I think will work better for my next install. Like I said it was fun shimming it down. This should make it easyer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 240
so, no one has a replacment rear speaker for a gn?
You can get replacements at just about any car audio shop. You may just have to do some mods. If you want some stockers, tbone won't steer you wrong. If you need to know about any stereo mods, I've been jamming speakers in these G-Bodies since 1981.