Looking for an experienced turbo Buick machine shop and engine builder in the Philade

1987_3.8turboGN

I am looking for an experienced turbo Buick machine shop and engine/trans builder in the Philadelphia area. I am looking to build up a 500hp at the fly wheel street car. Last fall I blew head gasket and toasted my bearings from the coolant mixing with the oil so I will need to totally rebuild the short block and might as well upgrade while I am at it.
Thanks in advance

I've heard good things from the magna members for MAR Automotive...their right on Orchard St in Phila. I am in the process of having a forged/stroked bottom end built by Lorenzo in Hulmeville, PA...I can't honestly comment on him yet because he is just beginning the basic hot tank and magging right now but after speaking with him and his knowledge about these engines I feel confident in my decesion.

Dan Smith

Give Dan Smith a call. (609) 841-1552. He's from South Jersey and was mentioned in an issue of GM HighTech Performance magazine. I bought a new Eagle forged crank from him last year (lucked out). Very knowledgeable and has built many Buick motors.

Thanks a lot for all the help guys. And yes I will be pulling and installing myself. Also do any of these guys do trans rebuilds cause Im going to be sticking with the 2004R.

Plenty of recommendations here and most of them are good...just get ready to open the wallet on this build and over budget.

For a trans you can get a full billet trans from CK performance (they are a vendor on this board) for under $2K delivered - smokin deal.

Send a PM to PhillyTurboSix - he just had his motor rebuilt.

Good luck and use the board for information.

Bill