Looking for alum. champion fuel rail....

noahzark

I have a stock intake on an 87 gn...i read in the gm tech mag the articles on a hartline build up of a buick ...they tried to use those aluminum fuel rails that champion makes but the didnt work i dont think???....

I do see now that champion is selling an aftermarket intake along with those fuel rails...so the question is can you buy the aluminum fuel rail that will fit on a stock intake??? and if so anyone know where??? or had any experience installing it and performance/use???...thanks kindly.

Cal, looked for them on your site. Not much for sale. What do you guys get for them?

Champion fuel rails

I run them. Tom (Champion) had to machine the driver's side rail for my fuel pressure regulator but they worked out well. I did modify the assembly a little though. The fuel rail is designed to go on top of the coil pack bracket. That meant if I needed to take the bracket off I had to disturb the fuel rails, which meant the injectors would be taken out of the fuel rail side or the intake side. I did not like that so I bought two longer bolts at Home Depot and made spacers so I could put put the fuel rail under the bracket. If you buy them you will see what I mean. I like them and bought them because they look good to me. They don't make me go faster nor does my build require them.

Attachments

• Copy of GN003.jpg
    Copy of GN003.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 637
  • Copy of newEngine3.jpg
    Copy of newEngine3.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 530
Cal, looked for them on your site. Not much for sale. What do you guys get for them?

We sell just about everything. Just haven't got it listed on the website (prefer to discuss mods with customers, before they purchase). We get $245 INCLUDING shipping. Are you sure you need them?

I installed a set with external FP regulator on my stock block 109 and love them. It is a LOT easier to set the injectors to not leak with these fuel rails! They look KILLER as well.
Conrad

thanks for the info...is the modification on the regulator side means the rail needs to be ground a bit so the regulator sits in the fuel rail a bit and is it possible to just machine it myself at a shop? or does champion have to do it???...thanks again and that is a nice looking engine.

Champion sells 2 different fuel rails...one for the normal FPR bolted to the driver side rail and one for the external (as in "not on the fuel rail") FPR. I went with a whole new fuel system and opted for the external fuel pressure regulator since I didn't want the FPR to be the weak point in the fuel system.
You do not have to modify anything to mount Champions fuel rail on a stock 86-87 turbo intake manifold.
conrad

One other thing...I eliminated the EGR valve so I'm not sure if the Champion fuel rail is compatible with EGR. Perhaps someone else can comment on that.
Conrad

what kind of fuel system did you go with can i just change the fpr to external what else is recommended???...also for the egr how do i remove it??? or do i have to for those fuel rails???...thanks again..noah.

You can keep your existing FPR and install it on the new Champion fuel rail if you want to. Or, you may want to step up to an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Call Jack Cotton (see my sig) about the EGR valve compatibility. He will know for sure and can sell you the correct fuel rail (and EGR block-off plate) for your application. Jack is a REALLY NICE GUY and will help you over the phone!
Conrad