Looking for advice after set back

Dreamcar86

As the title states I just rebuilt the motor and thought everything was going well until the crank pulley flew into the dequick slic punching holes into it. Does not look like we are going to be able to repair it so where do we go from here?
Do I install the stock dutt neck intercooler with my alky kit or move forward with a front mount? Also, can you purchase too much intercooler for a given setup?

I would do the PTE front mount and forget about it. Good up to 950 horsepower and you will never max it out. And no you can't have too much intercooler at least on these cars. Take out all the factory intercooler stuff (brackets, crank pulley fan, intercooler, pipes, etc). Makes the engine bay look cleaner and you will pick up way more power. Plus if you haven't already, install a big rear sway bar and remove the front sway bar completely and shed some weight off the front. The car will handle better without it even on the street. Trust me on that one.

I've got the PTE unit on my car. Seems to do the job very well. Yes you can go overboard on an intercooler. For your turbo, something about the size of the PTE should work very well.

I would do the PTE front mount and forget about it. Good up to 950 horsepower and you will never max it out. And no you can't have too much intercooler at least on these cars. Take out all the factory intercooler stuff (brackets, crank pulley fan, intercooler, pipes, etc). Makes the engine bay look cleaner and you will pick up way more power. Plus if you haven't already, install a big rear sway bar and remove the front sway bar completely and shed some weight off the front. The car will handle better without it even on the street. Trust me on that one.

I've got the PTE unit on my car. Seems to do the job very well. Yes you can go overboard on an intercooler. For your turbo, something about the size of the PTE should work very well.

Thanks guys I appreciate the advice and will move forward with a PTE front mount.

If the scoop in the front of the V4 SLIC intercooler and the shroud are still good I can give ya some cash for it. :eek:

Mine got run over by a runaway truck tire on I-91. :rolleyes:

Just the lower scoop would work for me too. :cool:

Assuming it's a CAS V4 intercooler.

can't weld the holes in the V4 ?? :confused:

I am going to get another opinion from a very reputable welder. When trying to weld the holes they keep growing and will not take the wire.

If the scoop in the front of the V4 SLIC intercooler and the shroud are still good I can give ya some cash for it.

Mine got run over by a runaway truck tire on I-91.

Just the lower scoop would work for me too.

Assuming it's a CAS V4 intercooler.

The shroud is in excellent shape as well as the end tanks and yes it is the real mccoy.

Just need the two piece front scoop/shroud sheet metal part.

Let me know if you decide to sell it instead of recoring it or welding it. :)

Thanks. :cool:

The PTE SLIC and front mounts are nice. :biggrin: ;)