Looking for a transmission hump template.

dwall

Looking for an easy way to mark the location of the cutout on the transmission hump (the usual Turbo Regal shifter spot).

I came up empty. I did some searches but neither my old computer nor my old mechanically disadvantaged brain helped me key the right words for a good result. I used do this search stuff for a living :bookworm: - maybe that's why I retired. :LOL:

The project car is column shift. Anybody out there have a template for cutting the floor/hump for installing a 200-4R floor shift & GN console?

OR

If your car is without an interior at the moment? Would you be willing to take some measurements from the floor mounts or trace out a hump template for me.

Thanks
Bob

Last edited:
Thanks buddy,

The floor shifter attaches to the square forward mount on the top of the tunnel. I would like to locate the holes where the other end of the shifter closest to the dash attaches, as well as where the shifter cable goes thru the hump. I like to mark those locations accurately. I visualized butting a sheet of paper up against that forward mount and taking a tracing of the needed holes if that makes sense.

I appreciate any help as I don't have a floor shifter for mock up.
Bob

Sounds good.

This is beside the point but were you at the Kirban Reunion w/Molly? I like your avatar a lot - looks familiar. We drove my wife's "T" from WI & if this is the picture I am remembering we are the two tone silver/gray Regal parked on the grass slightly right of center. As I recall there was a silver T right next to us. Are you in the pic?

Bob