Looking for a gun...

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
Years ago, a friend of mine had a Ruger P89 (9mm), and I just plain loved that thing. I think I've got an excuse to buy a gun that the wife can't really argue with, so I'm looking for one of them. I'm not by any means a redneck gun-nut (hate those people), so I'm not really sure where to look for an out-of-manufacture handgun without scouring 100's of arms stores. None on eBay.....any suggestions? TIA

gunsamerica.com, gunbroker.com. Just where I go "window shopping" YMMV. 2 months and counting, then I"m making a purchase.

p89

you should be able to find one in any gun shop in your area. the ruger autos were not too popular with enthusiasts. the price brand new was around 500 bucks. used could be 3-400. i had one a few years ago and i liked it alright but sold it and got a beretta 92f. i belive my buddy has one and if you want ill see if hes interested in selling it. also, check the shotgun news, you can get great prices through that mag.

Originally posted by Drac0nic
gunsamerica.com, gunbroker.com. Just where I go "window shopping" YMMV. 2 months and counting, then I"m making a purchase.
Hey, thanks! Both of those sites turned up a few.

Re: p89

Originally posted by blackbird
you should be able to find one in any gun shop in your area. the ruger autos were not too popular with enthusiasts. the price brand new was around 500 bucks. used could be 3-400. i had one a few years ago and i liked it alright but sold it and got a beretta 92f. i belive my buddy has one and if you want ill see if hes interested in selling it. also, check the shotgun news, you can get great prices through that mag.
I'm still kinda window shopping at this point, so I don't think I should waste your friend's time. Thanks, though!

Go to the gun store/Stores with ranges and see what they have to rent . Rent a few to try out . Guns are like cars you can never have too many :p

shotgun news. its a magazine, i think you can pick it up a gunstore probably. they have nearly every gun you can immagine.

i saw the legal version on an mp-5 in there for $500, if i had the money i'd have that gun... oh, it came with the full auto conversion kit :D

i had a p89 l like'd it as well, had it for years until my bud needed one and asked me to sell it to him, i only paid$350. I know have a tauras pt111 shoots great, nice and not to big like a beretta

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
I'm not by any means a redneck

If you're not a neck then you don't want a Ruger.

Sorry to offend the Ruger faithful, but Rugers are low end trash compared to a S&W, Kimber, Springfield, Sig, Glock, Colt, Beretta, H&K. Rugers are only one or two notches above your average Saturday night special Lorcin or Raven .25 auto.

The bottom line is there are better pistols available without spending that much more.

Re: Re: Looking for a gun...

Originally posted by TRBON8R
If you're not a neck then you don't want a Ruger.

Sorry to offend the Ruger faithful, but Rugers are low end trash compared to a S&W, Kimber, Springfield, Sig, Glock, Colt, Beretta, H&K. Rugers are only one or two notches above your average Saturday night special Lorcin or Raven .25 auto.

The bottom line is there are better pistols available without spending that much more.

Could be worse, could be buying a Norinco pistol. Shot one of their AKs, but then again an AK is hard to screw up in regards to making one. Probably gonna pick a parts kit up for a Russian one and build my own lower. It's amazing what you can find plans for on peer-to-peer networks =)

i have owned several rugers, and while the p89 is not the best pistol out there. the frame and action are unbreakable. if you have large hands and dont mine the fact that the ruger is not perdy its a hell of a gun. i currently shoot a super redhawk 44 mag and love it. i do miss my smith and wesson 686+ but you cant argue with the construction of the frames and actions of the rugers. like i said the only knock on the guns are the thickness of the grips and a ruff trigger pull. fixing the triger issue makes it a great gun.

there are better guns out there yes. i have 3 berretas and wont shoot an other semi auto ever.

I've dealt with AuctionArms myself successfully. Buying in person is always better though if you can.

Is there a distinct reason you want a P89? There are many fine weapons out there.

And for record, I'm a redneck gun nut.

YEs it is, i posted two pics but only one is showing on my computer. If its me shouldering the 50 then its calverton

Originally posted by galoush
YEs it is, i posted two pics but only one is showing on my computer. If its me shouldering the 50 then its calverton

We used to have guns like that until our "Conservative Republican" Governator signed legislation banning them. :mad:

I never even really wanted a .50 Cal. Now I almost wish I had bought one just because the state is trying to tell me I can't have one.

Originally posted by Reaper
i have owned several rugers, and while the p89 is not the best pistol out there. the frame and action are unbreakable. if you have large hands and dont mine the fact that the ruger is not perdy its a hell of a gun. i currently shoot a super redhawk 44 mag and love it. i do miss my smith and wesson 686+ but you cant argue with the construction of the frames and actions of the rugers. like i said the only knock on the guns are the thickness of the grips and a ruff trigger pull. fixing the triger issue makes it a great gun.

there are better guns out there yes. i have 3 berretas and wont shoot an other semi auto ever.
I always thought the P89 was just the perfect size, like it was made for my hands.....and I even think it looks good!:eek: I've fired the .44 Redhawk and that thing is just awe-inspiring....I mean, what a friggin' cannon. Too much for me.:D

Originally posted by WakkoSS
I've dealt with AuctionArms myself successfully. Buying in person is always better though if you can.

Is there a distinct reason you want a P89? There are many fine weapons out there.

And for record, I'm a redneck gun nut.
And I thought all the Cubans ran the Rednecks out of South Florida....:rolleyes: :eek: