Looking for a Buick guy in Midlothian area, maybe Maypearl.

LUZ_2_A6

Old School
I was out at Ennis a few months ago with my buddy in a White Subaru WRX STI with gold wheels and there was a guy there with an EXTREMELY CLEAN blue Regal.

We started talking about Buicks and i mentioned to him that i have a Silver one that has been down for a few years and i really want to get it running again, i just haven't had time b/c I'm always really busy with work. He said that he could help me out with this and i got his number. I had been saving up some money to get him to come pick it up and get it back up and running for me, BUT... I recently had my mobile phone removed from my possession and i didn't have his number in my backup list.

Does anyone on here know who i am looking for? I want to say that he has 2 Buicks, he brought his out in a closed trailer, i don't remember very well but i think it was a Blue Limited...i'm probably wrong though.

Thanks for your help,
Nicholas

So what kind of work are you needing done? Bryan and I provide support to each other and projects we have on going.

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
TSM Class
9.81 @ 137
6.24 @ 111

I think i have met you a couple times, my friend is John Cangelosi...he had a few buicks, the most popular one was the stage 2 car he built. He lives up in prosper. I'm his buddy with the WE4 and Silver T.

The silver t was taken into a shop to have a cam put in b/c i had a billet-ish PTE roller cam put in and it wiped a few lobes or whatever. I called up Dave Weber and got a better roller cam kit from him and took it to have it installed at a place that i figured would be able to handle it b/c on of the tech's that worked there had a buick in the family and swore he knew what he was doing. The shop has since closed but it was CTC Motorsports. Well the tech didn't put the oil pump spring back in and to make a long story a bit shorter, it spun a cam bearing or two and scored the block real bad. They said they would fix it but i yanked my car and a box full of it's guts out of there and thought i was going to have it fixed somewhere else. I couldn't really find anyone who i trusted since my buddy Phil (Why Pay More) wasn't really working on them anymore and the only other guys i could think of are out of state.

The motor was machined by Dennis Wells and assembled by a buddy (Harry McCarter)...he didn't really get around to doing much to it so we took it from his place in Oak Cliff to John's shop up in Prosper thinking that we would have time to do it...well we didn't and we both got too busy trying to go to school and support ourselves and never got back to it.

We managed to get the motor and trans in the car with most of the stuff bolted up but it's been at least 3 years since the motor was put together and it hasn't been turned. I'm really thinking that it needs to be pulled apart again and just looked over and lubed up really good before we crank it.

I guess i just need someone to sort through all the boxes and finish it up, i have been out of the Buick scene for about 6 years now and i have no idea what i'm doing anymore...and even if i did, i don't have much time to mess with it.

I have all the parts needed to get it running, i just need to check over the motor again, throw the turbo and ic on and new injectors, change the diff/trans fluid, install my twin in-tank pump kit and the ME-R and get it running. I have a wideband for it and a bunch of gauges...some that i probably don't need. (I was young and stupid when i bought all the stuff)

I met ?Bryan? out at Ennis on a street friday and got to talking a bit and he said he could get it back together for me. So i saved up some money and hopefully i have enough to get it back on the road.

I'm just going to walk away from the computer before i get banned for an excessively long post.

I'll pm you my phone number.

Nicholas

Hey there,

Is that your dad's old silver car? You might remember me from long ago. How might I get hold of your dad? If you could shoot me a PM or email.

Rich

^^^^
Are you Rich Bell?

Yes...it is my dad's old car. He reluctantly sold it to me several years ago when i was looking for a new car, i was going to buy Dave Witten's Trans Am but that fell through and he was getting tired of sharing the Vette with me.

My dad actually passed away a little over a year ago in a car accident. He was hit from the side by a suburban in the Vette, it happend on Preston so the SUV was doing 55+. I has really motivated me to get the Buick back up and running.

I'll pm you with my number also.

Hey Nick,

Like you mentioned, the motor has had several machine shops, assemblies etc and the only way someone would warranty the integrity of the motor is to go through it. Out of all the boxes of goodies you have, we should be able to get your car flying again.

John Martin

Dennis Wells did all the machine work, Harry assembled the long block. I was just worried that there might be some rust in it now since it has been sitting so long. I'm sure the tolerances and such are good.

So...if Brian is the person i met out at Ennis...can someone get him in here or give me his number so i can get things going?

Thanks, take care.
Nicholas

yes i am the one you met at ennis. i have one car goin right now it will be a few weeks before i can take on anymore but if you are still intersted when i get this one finished i would be happy to complete it for you.. thanks and sorry for the late responce i have 2 jobs.

bryan