Looking for 12's

BigAl7777

I ran a 13.42 @ 99mph with a stock set up. The only thing that was changed was the chip and I ran 116 race fuel. I just changed the convertor to a 2800 stall, changed injectors to 40 lbs, added an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and will be running et streets 28X11.50. Is this tire to tall for the 3.42's? Any other suggestion to get into the 12's? Thanks.

What chip? Is it 4 yur 40lbsers? You need a BIG air filter.... Can you adjust yur wastegate? These add up to .5 alone or more............

What boost were you running. I was able to run 12.87 on the stock setup at 21 lbs of boost 116 octane and a 108 chip on street tires not manually locking up the converter.

if you get a good enough launch (10lbs of boost or more) and turn that boost up to say 23 lbs on a cold day/night you will easily see mid to low 12's but make sure the car is tuned properly so nothing bad happens...make sure you aren't running TOO lean with your fuel pressure and such...it's very easily to run 12's just gotta tune your car a little more

Your tires are killing you!They are too big for your combo.You need a 26 inch tire.I've seen it first hand,the big tire requires much more power.A friend running 11.70s tried this same tire from a 26x9 mickey and lost 2/10s.I personally run a 26 and have run 10.98 with it but feel now I need the bigger slick,some slower cars may benefit from a larger tire depending on the combo though.Jim:)

I believe on the post for the recipe it mentions upgrading your stock fuel pump, this should be next on your list with a scan tool. You do not want to lean out.

Thanks for the info. I'm running an Ultra chip from poston, have a K&N filter, and a holley fuel pump hot wired. I checked the plugs and they looked like its running lean. This was before I changed the injectors and the fuel regulator.

I doubt you are out of injector. The stock injectors are good to 110mph. You need a scan tool before anything else!