Looking for 10's

subinkracing

Hello....my name is frank................I am new to the scene. I have had mustangs all my life. I recently sold almost everything I had but my 2.3 turbo engine, tranny, and ford 9" for a fox because I know that I will get another one. I just wanted something a little more rare.
I took the money and bought me a combo package.....two t-types. One that is a roller that is beautiful with a cage and everything and the other is a running car but rough body. I was going to take the two to make one but I feel inclined to save the 87 t......it is rough but is a 11.50 car.......on race fuel, red 100 chip and drag radial.

The car has a 109, iron heads....some porting, steel center main caps, trw forged pistons, 42.5 lb injectors, translator with gm mas, 206/206 cam, something done to the rods, tb ported, 3" dp, huge front mount intercooler.......looks like a powerstroke intercooler, adjustable fpr, turbo is precision on turbine and garrett on compressor........not sure of the size....but the compressor housing has 60-1 on it and has a 3" inlet and 2" outlet.....he said something about it being a upgrades compressor???? It has several chips......red 93, 100. also have a sms alky set up with tt 93 chip for the alky.....not on car. Car has a janis tranny with 2600 or 2800 lock up stall.

I want to get into the 10's.....so I think that I had a decent foundation

also.....just ordered a rjc power plate with precision plenum and egt set-up....not installed yet.

My question is........the old owner used a old scan tool of some sort.....it was huge box....i guess from back in the day. I was thinking of buying the combo deal..........injectors 60's or 80's and a tt chip(the one to use with a wideband) and a powerlogger. what is a good set-up for tuning??? not sure that I want the scanmaster.......i like the powerlogger, with visual wideband and egt guages and maybe a audible knock device........or i have read about a system that is a engine saver of some sort that will shut it down if excessive knock.

I am new to the buick v6 turbo.......but I want to learn the car and tuning before I start getting crazy with the stroker engine, champion heads, etc, etc.....lol.

I know people in the 10s with just a scan master and translator + for tuning.
However with that being said, they have been running Buicks for more than 15 years.
The scanmaster is good for real time updates but it will not be as good in the long run as a powerlogger.
I would suggest getting the 80lbs injectors, powermaster and a wide band 0/2.
Full Throttle or Turbo Tweak are good choices to work with.

John, thanks for the reply......are you the v8 twin turbo guy?? I am really interested in building a v8 turbo t-type.