Look Quick?

Piedmont was packed today. My first run took me two hours of waiting. While waiting I met a guy from Roanoke, VA (didn't get his name) that had a IC car, but he didn't bring it. He couldn't believe I was a Hotair car (He saw my first run) until I popped the hood.

The first run I accidentally shifted to 2nd instead of Drive and ran 90% of the track in 2nd until I realized my goof. There was no knock though and it ran 8.5 at 75 mph mostly in 2nd.

The second run was my best at 8.3 at 83 mph (60' at 1.8 was the main reason).
Third run was 8.4 at 84 mph (60' was 1.9).

I didn't get the first 2 runs datalogged because due to being a novice at the Powerlogger. Got the 3nd run logged and pretty much discovered I was running rich (O2s were at .790 the entire run).

All runs were 93 octane, Alky and regular Pepboy Futura street tires.

All in all is was a good day, just wished I could have made 2 more runs.

No other TRs there :(

Eric--Wow, a two hour wait. I have never been to Piedmont for a test and tune that was that crowded. You were lucky you didn't hurt anything with the 2nd gear run. Did you beat your best pump gas time? Those 60' times are pretty good with real street tires. Did Pat run? I hope to make it next weekend.

Sam--I am not going to Rockingham.

Yeah the wait was no fun for sure. I didn't get any knock on the 2nd gear pass, which surprised me a bit, but it was running a bit rich so that might have helped. My 60’ times were good, but they came at the cost of building boost at my launch. I was launching with around 2 lbs. Letting loose with any more than that ends up with me blowing away the tires and 60 foots that are more like 2.3 to 2.5

Pat didn’t go and it was probably best that no one else showed up. I’m guessing there was around 75 cars waiting to run and about 20 bikes

I’ll probably go to Rockingham

Guess my being sick was a good thing since it kept me home. :)

You ned to get some sticky tires.

You need to get some sticky tires.

Amen to that one. I'm holding off for now, gotta get past the Xmas money drain.

I don't have anything going on this Sunday and I may give Piedmont another shot. Now that I have the Powerlogger working right I'd like to make a few more passes, lean it out a bit and see what happens. A 8.2 second pass would SO make my day.

It was good to meet you Jim and congradulations on your new best time. After you left I ran a 85.96 MPH pass, so I was a slight adjustment away from 86 MPH.

It's obvious that new/better meats on the back are going to be needed.

It was nice meeting you and congratulations on your mph. Get some sticky tires and you will be running low 8's for et. :)

Sorry that i could not make it out yesterday guys. I had a funeral to go to yesterday afternoon.

Congrats on your new best Eric.

maybe i will be able to see all you guys at rockingham this coming up weekend.

I did get to work on SloGN yesterday evening :). I got to install some GNX bushings along with my tinman rear seat brace. i will be putting the back seat in the tonite and installing my drive shaft loop also.

Pat do you need to use the trailer this weekend?

As it stands rite now no. I dunno when mark is gonna install the valve springs.

Also i think clint's gonna borrow my drag radials and mae a pass with his car. That my friend will be something to see :rolleyes: