Longer Front Wheel Studs

nightrain

I'm the other nightrain..
Anybody dealt with Weld Pro Stars and needing longer front wheel studs? Track Tech is getting real picky and wants me to change out the front studs for the thicker Weld wheels. Just need to know the knurl diameter for pressed in studs. Probably stick with 12mm so I can re-use my chrome acorn lugs. Looks to need about 2" long stud after the knurl, but I don't know the knurl size.

Thanks!

You need ARP #100-7708. They are M12x1.5, 2.5" overall length. The knurl diameter is .509". Replace all 4 wheels. If you don't have at 8-10 threads engaged you run the risk of losing a wheel.

I'm pretty sure that the rules say that the studs must exceed the nut by as much as the diameter of the stud...Hope this helps...

Claude. :smile:

You need ARP #100-7708. They are M12x1.5, 2.5" overall length. The knurl diameter is .509". Replace all 4 wheels. If you don't have at 8-10 threads engaged you run the risk of losing a wheel.

Thanks! Yes, I already replaced the rear studs when I did the axles. I know NHRA rules require the nut area engagement on all wheels, but only recently the track got picky about it. It would be hard to imagine all 5 lug nut heads breaking off when going in a straight line, though.

I did ARPs, easy to do. I did freeze them for an hour or two prior to install, they slipped in much easier that way.