Long Island tuner/mechanic ??

69GS400s

anyone recommend a GOOD mechanic/tuner for my '87 TR Limited ?? Suffolk Co. Prefered......

I'll be honest.....Im not too familiar with these cars and want it checked out before I attempt to bring it to Englishtown and go Bonsai on it for the Labor Day Buick event.

Thanks......

Not sure about the island itself but one excellent option is Ron's Custom Auto in Kenilworth (sp?) NJ.

I have also heardTurbo People (sp?) in Hastings, NY come up often.

Erik Schertz(sp?) now runs Dynotech in NJ and I believe he used to (or still does) live in Long Island. Might want to give him a ring... maybe he can pick up your car or do some at home service.

A longer option would be the ferry to Bridgeport and then up I-91 to Cottons in Agawam, MA. It's not as long as you think... Jack is only about 1.5 hours from Bpt and the ferry is 30-45 mins now (?)

Just some ideas...

Hey Alan, i'm in Suffolk and let me tell you, it isnt easy. your best bet is to try and learn as much as you can, thats what i've been doing. I do have a local guy that i use for some stuff, but at this point i cannot reccomend. The guys on this site are great and can help you w/ alot of issues....

Hope this helps

Thanks for the Idea's guys.....

I do plan on learning as much as possible about these cars but I wanted a "Pro" to go over it now

I spoke with Eric Shertz and he seems very capable and is willing to take the car from me on LI and fery it himself to his shop and back......just not before next weekend as he's got other customer cars there already trying to get ready for next weekends' Buick Bash at E-Town.

Cottons would be a nice option wut without having driven the car much at all and the brakes one of the major problems....i think a road trip is out of the Q

Anyone else know someone on LI thats competant ??

thx

im in nassau county, i just build race motors, not much into stock stuff. If you got simplequestions you can ask me iknow bit about stock gn's.Call s-kspeed in rockville center, my name is Gabe

HTH

tuner

there is a guy on central ave in nassau county his name is dave husek. he about the best in the buisness at these cars.his #is 5162851103.

Is Dave Husek still around? He did my tranny several years ago. He was doing a stage motor for someone at the time. Dave used to be right over the Throgs Neck (?)

I'd love to get in touch with him again because he got me a custom made torque converter that I ran in my Monte SS with a GN TH2004R. I'd love to know what's actually in the thing (I forgot!), because I no longer have the car but I have the tranny and TQ. I'd love to sell the TQ but I can't tell anyone what it is, other than being a Vigilante clone.

Sorry to bend this thread, but if you get any info, please email me direct. mbalascak@sikorsky.com

Thanks!

tuner

he is the first exit off the southern state parkway exit 13 central ave. he is not gonna give you no bs either like you need this or that. its easy to be taken for a ride in this buisness. as far as i know he gonna be building tranny again his # is ttt somewhere

Thanks... he did my tranny about 3 years ago. He's straight to the point, no BS like you said. Some people may think his "bedside manner" is a little rough, but like you said, he just tells you what you need, no song & dance.