located a turbo t-type

jerseymalibu313

I have located a Turbo T-Type in my local area for 2800 dollars! the guy who is selling it has quite a few gn's and turbo t's in front of his shop for sale, and works on them a lot. the body on this car is the only thing that needs work, but the drivetrain is great...i wasnt planning on getting this, so i did not ask a lot of questions. but from what he has siad, it has a 87 motor efi intercooled basically all stock. the trans im sure is a 2004r, not sure about stall speed (assuming stock) and has a 10 bolt 8.5 with eaton posi and stock 28 spline axles. i was planning on building a twin garret t3 turbocharged 350sbc with th400 trans,2800 stall, and a 10bolt 8.5 with rear girdle, minispool, and 30 spline moser axles. but now that i have seen this car for so cheap, im thinking about buying it, dropping in some mods to get it into low 12's , and still get 20+mpg with ac on :cool: what mods will have to be done to get it to go low 12's high 11's? im thinking all the efi mods, bigger turbo and injectors. thanks guys!

GO to gnttype.org. Look under performance reciepes page. Everything you want is there, right down to a 9 sec build-up. If you do get the car a full tune up would be your first "mod". Look for that under spring cleaning. Best of luck, sounds like a deal, Mike