Local GNX up for auction

gndoug

CSB Crew

My buddy works for Contra Costa county out here in california. I guess the story behind the car is it was in a locked garage with a few other cars. The gentleman who owned them passed away, and the family did not want to deal with the assets left behind. After a certain amount of time it gets handed over to the county. They went over to clear out the garage, pop it open, and discover a few cars. One including a 7000 mile GNX, and another GN.

Public Surplus: Auction #348908

Public Surplus: Auction #348923

I talked to my buddy and told him to get more info on the car.... I'm interested to see how this turns out!!

man i can't believe how nice these cars are still keeps my hopes up in running into finding a locked away car to bad the county got to them.

They both look VERY nice! I wonder who the owner was? I don't recall ever seeing either one of these cars roaming the Bay Area over the years. Here's some smog history based on the lic plate numbers on the GN and GNX.

Attachments

• GN Smog History.jpg
    GN Smog History.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 976
  • GNX 452 Smog History.jpg
    GNX 452 Smog History.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 981
gnx

I tried to bid on this car and a 5000.00 bid deposit is required and if you win bid and don't pick the car up they keep the deposit. A credit card is required which makes me leary of the process.

bob

It's sad to say but the family should have gone through Barret Jackson. Would've gotten much more attention for sure. The scariest thing is they want you to pay for registating the car from 2006? WTF? You have to pay for it not being registered? Kalifornication must really be hurting.

Gnx

Ok, so 10% bidder premium plus 9.25% tax AND 4 years of registration?

That'll probably end up with 10-15k in junk fees?

Greetings,

There have been a number of inquiries on this GNX, and it is legitimate. No further ownership or event history on it.

Hope this helps!