Little trip?

WH1_T-Type

Any knowledgeable board members in the Hampton Roads area willing to make a 1 hour trip (from Chesapeake/battlefield area) and help me check out an 87 Turbo T?

I would really appreciate the help! Maybe buy a beer that night or something. Looking at doing this sometime after next Wednesday most likely, maybe a bit earlier but probably not.

Why don't you just post up a link,or some specifics on the car pics help covering all angles espically underneath. If it's a T top the underside of the T tops and weatherstripping,A pillars,driver,passenger floor pan.

No I can't go,but I can certainly tell you what to look for. Maybe someone on this board knows the seller or the car.

Just for giggles get the vin and run a car fax. Mileage,options,asking price. Orginal or not. If not who did the work,receipts.

Not sure of the loan value of a T,last time a ran a GN it was about 15k in above average condition. A T would be 2-5k less depending on condition.
I've never been able to get a "car loan" for one of these cars. It always been a personal loan,or equity against my house. Last one I used my low mile GN as the collateral. Could get a classic car loan I bet.

Worst case if you can't find a rider just go take a bunch of pics,sniff all the fluids,look for leaks(take pics of wet areas),watch for smoke upon start up,on acceleration. The report back here with pics. I will certainly help all I can.:)

I got a loan though Navy Federal for my GN. It was just their standard used car loan at I think it was 5.9%. No questions were asked as long as I kept making payments.

P.S.: I might be able to go with you. I'm always down for a road trip! PM me with details.

When I went back in that's what they did. Pre-approved no need for VIN or anything.

I've decided against the Richmond TR, which is what I was gonna look at. Too much rust and I didn't like the interior color (maroon).

I am looking at another local guys GN though!

You have a PM :)

Yeah, last time I saw it, it was a rust bucket and had MAJOR frame damage. JK

I think I'm going to visit you at work this Friday with your new friend.