Little help..

SPOOLN87GN

SPEEDING BRICK!
Well it's a little bit of a long story.. I was keeping my T at my best friends garage (for storage). He came home one night and caught his roommates girlfriend putting water in the gas tank!:mad: She still has not admitted that she did it, even though he caught her red handed. It did not look like it was more than two cups, so I decided to put some octane booster and filled up the tank. The car started right up and I drove it for a while, she was running a little ruff. I took her back home. The next day I found a storage place I liked and when I went to start her she would not start. After like 10 times of trying she finally started. Now a week later she will not start at all. I drained the tank and purged the lines and nothing. I checked for fouled out plugs, and the looked fine but when I checked for spark by taking a plug out and placing it by a ground. It that a good way? Maybe its the injectors? Let me know what you think. Any input is welcome..

It did not look like it was more than two cups, so I decided to put some octane booster and filled up the tank./QUOTE]

Just curious how did you determine it was only 2 cups or less?

If you drove it after that though i would think what water was left in the tank would have been gone by now.

These cars mess up bad enough by themselves, they sure don't need any help in that department. You should have kicked her in the butt. ;)

Did you have spark when you checked it?

There is a good troubleshooting section in this link that may be of some help in finding the problem. It's kind of hard to determine or guess a no start condition over the net since you can't see,hear,feel,smell whats happening when you try to start it.

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/

John :)

How do you know it was water, also?

Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol evaporates water, for what's its worth.

I kinda figured that it was only a couple cups because my friend (her boyfriend) said that she had not been in the garage more than a couple minutes. And I think it was only water because I smelled the liquid on the bumper and the floor and it was water, I even tasted it. It was cold and clear, and there is a water cooler in the garage.

My question is how can I check for spark in the plugs?

You can check for spark, the way your doing, but you should unplug the orange wire at the battery for the ecm. This way you wont flood the engine with fuel as you crank it. Once the plugs are wet, it will be impossible to start. you will need to remove them dry them out and leave the engine for a day with no plugs in it. if the plugs are ok, check to see if you can hear the fuel pump run when you turn the key over. Maybe the water ruined the pump, if its running you need to put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see if it has pressure while cranking. But you will need the orange wire hooked up for this .

Psycho chicks

Too bad you didnt have a locking gas cap.... Wouldve saved you from this.. Why would she want to do this to you anyways?

4 things you need to do. 1. Change your fuel filter if you haven't done so already. Water can get trapped in the filter media and cause the car to act up. 2. Check your plugs. If they got soaked change them too. 3. Alcohol will help pull any water out that remains. 4. Get new friends. :D

Who cares about the car not running, My question is why did this b1tch put water in your gas tank:confused:, did you do something to her. I think I would get her a pair of cement shoes and toss her off a dock. Or call the cops and tell them that she vandilized(sp) your car and you want her to pay for it. I dont think the water would really hurt anything unless there is alot of it being dumped in the engine (hydrolock, breaking rods). I would try and drain the gas from the rail and hot wire the pump to get as much out as you can.

Too bad you didnt have a locking gas cap.... Wouldve saved you from this.. Why would she want to do this to you anyways?
Thats what pisses me off.. I don't even really know the chick. and I asked my friend and he said that they were doing fine that day. I cant get her arrested because I did not catch her in the act, and she won't admit it.

Thats what pisses me off.. I don't even really know the chick. and I asked my friend and he said that they were doing fine that day. I cant get her arrested because I did not catch her in the act, and she won't admit it.

Dial this number, and he'll take care of you...1-RAMBO-URASSISMINE.

Would it hurt to squirt a little starting fluid in the throttle body intake after replacing the plugs? Just wondering. Works for my Vette motor when it mis-behaves. And the lawnmower, too. I second all the suggestions the guys made here, fuel filter change, etc. Let us know what happens.

I worked in a marina when I lived on a boat for a few years. I got sunken boat engines running in no time, and this worked....remove plugs, pour alcohol over the removed starter, put back in, squirt alcohol in spark plug holes, crank over engine a few times. Take off carb, hold upside down, empty water, then pour alcohol down it, hold upside down, drain, replace, pour alcohol all inside the alternator. Take cap off distributor, pour alcohol on it, blow dry it off, do same to inside of cap. Crank over a few times. Re-install plugs, it should fire up after a few cranks. This worked for me getting engines running from boats that sunk by accidents. Just a short, boring story here. Back to your life, thank you.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Oops!!!:eek: Forgot to say, drained oil, replaced filter, added oil. Sorry.

Bruce '87 Grand National