line loc install

robh

I bought the hurst line loc and install kit. I mounted the solenoid on the fender only making one line from MC to the solenoid. Using the supplied pipe thread to flare adapters in the kit I can't get it to seal. :confused:
Soon as I add fluid to the MC it pours right out. I have made 3 different lines making the double flare as perfect as possible. It leaks from the flare fitting not the pipe thread. Did anyone have problems like this?
TIA

Nope.

Did two installs but had my mechanic make the flare with his professional kit.

You sure you used the original metric nut on the threads into the M/C, maybe it's not tight or something?

What size pipe you use 3/16" or 1/4"?

I'd double check the flares again and the M/C fitting inside to make sure it isn't cut or damaged.

I'm using the 3/16 tubing supplied in the kit.
The fitting to the MC is okay it's just the flare to pipe fitting adapters. I'm going to try some new ones and see what happens.
thanks

Look closely at the adapters in the line lock

The flare seats may not be smooth, or the threads may not go deep enough to pull the flare all the way to the seat. I've gotten a bunch of Holley fuel fittings like that, and once or twice gotten a defective brass flare fitting. Is the flare on the LL end of the steel line a factory flare? :cool:

Rickracer,
The lines connected to the brass adapters are my doing. Far as I know they are good. They look just like the ones in the kit. I did have a couple of bad ones that I tightened down. I think this might have left a bad impression on the brass adapters. I will replaced these tomorrow and see what happens.
thanks

Not that you need it, but for someone else trying this install without the kit:

The intructions for the Husrt line lock are not very clear, but you CANNOT plumb the male inverted hose fittings directly into the line lock body.

You need to put a pipe thread male to inverted flare female adapter into the line lock and thread the line into that.

You'd think Hurst would be a little more safety oriented than this :rolleyes: