Lights turned off

turbo_dreams_85

itsaV6howcanyoulose?
I bought a 85 HA gn and it had some problems but i couldnt pass it up for 3k but i was driving down the road and the clicker for the bright/ dims stopped clicking and it was stuck on bright...i didnt think anything of this. so i was driving down the road and my head lights started to flash on and off but the parking lights never turned off, it would get worse and worse by the minute but i got it home and ask a friend of mine he said it was probley in the steering colum, i blew the head gasket that summer as well, then my boost gauge stopped working and all my interor lights stopped working as well, i checked all my fuses and there not the problem, when i turn on the parking lights the RPM meter lights turn off as well. if anyone has a answer to this please let me know thanks!
Turbo_dreams_85

I bought a 85 HA gn and it had some problems but i couldnt pass it up for 3k but i was driving down the road and the clicker for the bright/ dims stopped clicking and it was stuck on bright...i didnt think anything of this. so i was driving down the road and my head lights started to flash on and off but the parking lights never turned off, it would get worse and worse by the minute but i got it home and ask a friend of mine he said it was probley in the steering colum, i blew the head gasket that summer as well, then my boost gauge stopped working and all my interor lights stopped working as well, i checked all my fuses and there not the problem, when i turn on the parking lights the RPM meter lights turn off as well. if anyone has a answer to this please let me know thanks!
Turbo_dreams_85

headlights are usually tied into the fusable links to the starter there are 3 see which on is bad if any

I think there is a circuit breaker in the actual switch on the dash.
Do you have Kirbans super bright lights??
I bought those years ago, and the high beams would pull too much juice through the switch. Lights would go off/on/off.

Very fun at night in the middle of a turn!
Kirban would not hear my story at the time and told me to buy another switch. I pulled out those lights and trashed them. ($200 loss I think)

(jackhole, you almost killed me!)

Now he has fixed the problem and has a circuit upgrade wiring kit with the lights, or something like that. I haven't paid attention to those recently.

Sounds like you need to replace the hi/low switch behind the turn signal lever, and/or the bright lights.

yeah i thought that i may need to check out all that stuff i will have to do that tomrrow because work and class is in the way but ill let you guys know thanks for the ideas! ill check everything and ill probley check out that high low switch and no i dont have the kirban high lights i got the stocks cars been a pain but when i drive it down the road, its all worth it

Probably the high/lo beam switch activated by the stalk runs an arm down the steering column about half to 3/4 of the way down to the high/low beam switch.

When the feed to that burns or breaks, no lights.