Lightning Rod Shifter

79TurboCutlass

Corn Eater
Has anyone used the shifter cable parts ( trans pan bracket, cable to trans bracket, and cable) from maybe a quarter stick on the Lightning Rods? I don't see why these or similar parts couldn't be made to work. What is so special about the Lightning Rod specific cable?

I didnt want to go through the hassle of trying cables so i just ordered a new one from GM. I used the factory cable bracket on the trans but had to cut and weld it to make it work. Works great though !

Attachments

• console4.jpg
    console4.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 270
I got the cable from autoznoe for $60 and the bracket from ebay for $25 the guy on ebay makes the brackets and if you buy one out right from him he wants 100 I think. there is nothing to them at all you can make one easy I tried for a year to get some one to trace theres out for me and no one would do it. Now I have one and if you want Ill trace it out for you and you can make it your self. As for the cable it was used on a vet at one time too so its still available Ill get you the part number today and post it here for you.
I also have his new parts list for rebuild its not cheep and he no longer has the retainer rings for the shift pins and they seam to brake a lot but he said he is working on a sorce for them I was was going to rebuild mine with his parts but I didnt want to drop 400 more in parts for a shifter I have 700 in to already so its all stock for now until I brake it.