Lightning Rod Shifter, Complete and Ready to Install!!!

turbobuick1

PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THRU BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

I've listed my lightning rod shifter before, but after receiving so many offers I decided to hold on to 'em. Well now I know for sure I am ready to let them go. I have this currently installed in my 1987 GN, it's a lot of fun and really makes people look twice. It looks like it could have been factory, this is something that I have to explain to people that are not too familiar with the turbo buicks. If you are not familiar, it has a dedicated shift lever for each gear, and is designed to work with out 200-4R transmissions. You do not always have to shift them, you can just throw it in overdrive and cruise and look cool. :cool:

Anyway, the chrome is in great shape, the shifter ball/knobs are in great shape, slight wear on the buttons but it has never been a problem for me. I'm aware that repros pop up on ebay from time to time, I've even seen machined stainless button replacements.

What I am including:

1) The Hurst Lightning Rod Shifters themselves.
2) The plate that the shifters mount to, and in turn, mounts to the transmission tunnel/body. It also locates/supports the front of the console, the stock shifter did this for you.
3) A reproduction of the original shifter cable (The stock GN transmission shift cable will not work).
4) You know the top upholstered part of the center console? That goes around the shifter? Well you have to cut the stocker up in such a way that you could not go back to the stock shift indicator, so I bought another one from a member and trimmed it as neccessary to fit the lightning rods. It's what you see in the picture, it's in terrific shape, look very good.
5) The special bracket that bolts to the transmission pan and holds the shift cable. Kind of a hard one to find.
6) And lastly, the metal top plate on the center console that holds the ashtray, goes around the shifter, and has the top "Lightning Rods" applique attached to it.

I'm looking to get rid of these soon, so if no one is seriously interested by Saturday, it's going up on eBay. The price will not change when I make the eBay listing.

$800 O.B.O. meaning, please dont offer me $400 for it :smile:

Please view my positive iTrader feedback.

Thanks for looking, anything THAT I HAVE NOT COVERED, please feel free to ask!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 711
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 707
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 713
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 705
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 712
Before you remove can i get a pic of what you stated in#2...I have a set and i`m having problems with it moving when shifting the gears...thanks and also this is a great deal for someone...pm me if you can send the pics

I was thinking about buying them until I found out they were chrome. I thought they were gold plated for $800.

Guys this is a great deal. I did the conversion in a G Body 442 and you can pay much more. The top plate, brackets, cables and dust boots are well over $100 by themselves. I have seen the rods alone go over $1K.

You have to consider these are the 3 speed rods you find all over eBay. They were put in about 7,000 vehicles as OEM equipment and sold very sparingly over the counter for a short period of time.

Before you remove can i get a pic of what you stated in#2...I have a set and i`m having problems with it moving when shifting the gears...thanks and also this is a great deal for someone...pm me if you can send the pics

Send me a PM and please be more specific with the shifting problem. When I remove them, I will take lots of pictures but you need to be more specific. Do not reply to this on this thread please.

Guys this is a great deal. I did the conversion in a G Body 442 and you can pay much more. The top plate, brackets, cables and dust boots are well over $100 by themselves. I have seen the rods alone go over $1K.

You have to consider these are the 3 speed rods you find all over eBay. They were put in about 7,000 vehicles as OEM equipment and sold very sparingly over the counter for a short period of time.

I apreciate your input, but just so everyone knows, Hurst made a 3 speed lightning rod shifter, and a 4 speed lightning rod shifter. Mine is the 4, which is less common than the earlier 3 speed variations. This one, taken from an '83 or '84 Hurst Olds, is designed to work with the 4 speed 200-4R.

I apreciate your input, but just so everyone knows, Hurst made a 3 speed lightning rod shifter, and a 4 speed lightning rod shifter. Mine is the 4, which is less common than the earlier 3 speed variations. This one, taken from an '83 or '84 Hurst Olds, is designed to work with the 4 speed 200-4R.

His price is right in line actually. I paid 600.00 for a complete set over 6 years ago and that was a steal. He is including the console overlay, those are 70-80 by themselves.

There are not very many GNs with these installed and they are getting rarer so 800.00 is a pretty good going rate for these shifters that include everything you will need.

Bump for a nice set :)

Bump for turbobuick1 - this is a great deal. I have over $1100 in my setup. They are very cool, get a lot of attention, and are functional.

Bump and a favor. Mind if I use those pictures on my site since we make the console overlays for these shifters.

Bump and a favor. Mind if I use those pictures on my site since we make the console overlays for these shifters.

Thanks for the bump. Sale pending! And yes, you can certainly use the pictures, you do great work, I love the black anodized brushed alluminum look of the overlay.

Anyway sale pending, but still accepting offers. If the potential buyer doesn't go for it, I will take the best offer.