Lightning gets a whuppin...

DeltaT

I checked out the scene at the Capitol & Tully In 'N Out tonight, in San Jose, CA. Even though it was only 10:30, there were about 30 decent cars there. Plus 2 cruisers, so don't even give a rev in the lot or they will roll on you.

Found a Lightning with a cool owner, George, who said he was still stock. I didn't want to hang out too long so we agreed to go for a ride and try from a dig, from a low roll (10) and a high roll (60).

My sleeper had 10 gallons premium, 3 gallons 100.

In order:

From a fast roll: I downshifted to 3rd, let him go, then caught and passed as soon as I got some rpm.

Slow roll: Worse for him - not even a contest.

From a dig: Probably the fastest I had mashed the gas pedal so far, but I started spinning and swinging side to side until I backed off. He must have eased into it, because he was 2 car lengths in front before I hooked and ran past like he was parked.

We stopped and talked for a few, and I told him about Speed Merchant and their work on Lightnings. Maybe next time it will be a contest!

I'm gonna need some traction if I'm gonna race this thing. Maybe a drag radial 275/40-17?

Jim

Site, with updated pix: http://home.mindspring.com/~jim_fisk/id1.html

Delta T,

In N Out on capital and tully huh. I guess that means you live in San Jose.
Anyways I would love to se your ride in person one day, your set up is bad ass.
Maybe when I get the GN running we can line em up and have a friendly run. :)
If your thinking about a paint job let me know got a buddy that does great work.
Let me know the next time your planning on going out to the spot so i can check out your ride and maybe get a test drive. ;)

Sounds good. Maybe next Sat? I live in S Clara, so if you are any closer we can choose a different spot.

Jim

Delta T,

I actually live in San Jose, so In N Out would be the be best spot. This Sat is no good for me, how about Sat the 24. between 10:30 & 11:00 pm in front of Jamba Juice. If that isnt a good day for you its alright, im pretty sure our paths will cross someday.

YOu should just tell people the reason you dot paint it is because the paint cant stay on. :D