light lifter tick?

tb3

elbows & a$$holes
86 t type, stock. 114,000 miles
after warm up, at idle, I can hear a very very light lifter tick. (I think) I'm pretty confident its not cam sensor, but will check for sure within the next couple days.

Car should be fine to drive for a few months I would think since its not ran hard and is stock. I will not have the time to go pulling intake for at least a few months. I'm extremely busy lately and need the car everyday. Could be push rod, cam lobe, lifter, rocker, etc. Question is, I could install new valve springs, pushrods, rockers with no problems without pulling the heads or intake right? I would be willing to try that for just a crapshots sake since I could do all that in one evening. Is it worth a shot?

I just went through a similar situation. I would at least pull the intake and look at the valves. I ended up having a worn cam lobe.

I agree that it may be a wiped lobe- if you do have a lobe going, and you add new springs, it'll only wipe faster. Pull the valve covers and look at the valvetrain- check for pushrod spin, rocker action, etc.

Listen to the cam sensor with a stethoscope for tick, also.

crap! thats a good point about the cam gonna wear even faster. I'll listen at the cam sensor with a stetho tonight. If thats not it, I'll just leave it alone till I have time to do cam, lifters, rods, and heads. Nothing is ever a easy fix for me :frown: