licence plate covers

jlat

hello peoples; Just to share today's BS and that is I got pulled over in my van today for "improper display" of my rear plate. The cop gave me a warning but he said it was illegal. I had to take it off on the spot or get a $35 ticket as he said he could not read the plate until he was write on my rear. The tinted cover is old and it's true it was not super visable so I guess it's OK. But give it a thought when you plan to darken up driving lights and licence plates.
IBBY

First thing that came to mind when I saw your thread title, "they're illegal". At least you didn't get a ticket.

Peter

illinois law says nothing covering the plate front or rear. Red light cameras come to mind when you see this.
Anyone use the spray on stuff that makes your plates non photogenic. No where does it say your plate has to be photogenic.

Just another tax!

Making sure the kid who just got run over (not saying the original poster would do that) has a fighting chance to get your plate is a tax??? Not to mention the cop didn't even WRITE a ticket???

Man, there is no pleasing some people...