Let's see those not so perfect TRs

Sinical

I have an "in progress" GN that has been in progress for 2+ years now. Would like to see some other "not show perfect" TRs to let me know I'm not alone. Rust, bad paint, wasted interiors, used and abused, etc. Let's see those "rat rod" Buicks. Please. We all can't have perfect cars and seeing some drivers/beaters would be a nice change of pace. Dont ya think?

Just got it going... :biggrin:

Attachments

• beater.jpg
    beater.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 467
Rat rod GNs and TurboTs

Thats a good idea. I think project cars are just as interesting as the fine cars seen on this site. When I've made some of the local car shows. The cars that are in primer and being worked always get my attention.That's what car crafting is all about. Some people don't have the bucks and there are higher priorities. It's good that all kinds of people share the same interest. Maybe I'll post my car (if I ever figure this out) and show you guys what a real Rat T looks like.

I actually wanted a beat-up one so I wouldn't have to worry about paint chips or scratches but my family insisted if I get a GN that I get a nice one so I'm stuck with it now...

I actually wanted a beat-up one so I wouldn't have to worry about paint chips or scratches but my family insisted if I get a GN that I get a nice one so I'm stuck with it now...

I agree 100%. im looking for a project regal/tr now:biggrin:

As much as I would love a show GN/TR,i would have to be crazy... I drive my car close to 100 miles a week... Rain, snow, sleet NYC traffic/cabs.... If I had a super clean TR i would go crazy- hey you quit breathing on my GN...lolllol. What really kills me is when i see the realy cleanGNs w a really clean engine bay.... Cant post my pics now but easily viewed on www.myspace.com/evilv6

my old hooptie

heres a pic of my old car.wish i still had it.....85 gn but had the 87 conversion done to it.ran good,but was in bad shape and i didnt care where i parked it,etc......check out the primer front end and new doors....it was a rust bucket when i bought it......made it a good driver then sold it:eek:

Attachments

• 08-12-06_1920.jpg
    08-12-06_1920.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 372
Ive been working on mine for 3 years. Still far from where I want it to be, but because its mine, I know the spots where I want to improve:redface:

Attachments

• T type 005.jpg
    T type 005.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 300
I like it. What color is that? By the way I don't think that qualifies as not so perfect.;)

The color is black cherry pearl. The "pearl" makes it look more burgundy than black cherry. Any where near dusk, it almost looks black, but in the sunlight, as you can see, its bright burgundy. The paint didnt come out perfect, but its not horrible either. I guess Im just picky:redface:

Ok, here's my work in progress. Should be ready for paint in a week or two.:D Can't wait. It's been a long time coming!! Finally gonna have a near mint example of one of Buicks finest!!

Ken B.

Attachments

• IM001269.jpg
    IM001269.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IM001270.jpg
    IM001270.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IM001273.jpg
    IM001273.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 174