less racing

denn454

turbo swimmer
i've really noticed over the last few years there has been a lot less people racing. i don't have a car that even looks close to fast so its impossible for me to get a race, and i've grown out of that a little. but even on here there used to be new posts about races every day, and thats just not the case any more.

why is that? for me i've just decided its not worth it, i never provoke a race any more (but i'll still give it a go if someone wants to run on a safe and smart road) and the lack of a fast car also contribuites.

Big fines

Well here in WA. Its $1500 fine+ the the ticket and you can get your car impounded and not get it back. I would rather pay $20 to race beat up on few corvets and sti and what not for that.. :biggrin:

I'm not sure what the fine is in Florida, butI do know that they'll impound your car & you cannot get it back :eek:

No one will play, every kid with a mustang gives me the finger, the cat's out of the bag :mad:
Two weeks ago a guy in one of those new hemi wagons tried, at the next light he asked "What you got in that thing?" I let that one slide :biggrin:
Just play it smart and hand them their a$$ before 60 mph... can't be racing if you're under the speed limit ;)

I Have Also Noticed

I am only 29 and I have even noticed that back in mid to late ninties I could get into 5 plus races a cruise night without a problem. But every year it gets less and less. I don't know if is because everyone is going to imports now and they have thier own people they race , or if it is because younger people are just into their paint and radio and nothing else??

hmm maybe i'm just in a good area but i get provoked for a race daily literally. i live about 15 mins from work and pretty much everyday i come across someone who will want to give it a go. i provoke others sometimes if it's really worth it but usually everyone screws around with me. i guess north jersey is just the place to be for cruising :D

Maybe they're state employees racing from toll booth to toll booth. Making money for the state...hehehe :wink:

..... :eek: ............Just play it smart and hand them their a$$ before 60 mph... can't be racing if you're under the speed limit................. :eek: ......................

oh yes it can! i dont know where you live and the laws there, but here in arizona it can be considered racing. they call it exibition of speed, trust me, ive gotten one for spinning the tires on my big block skylark in the dirt as i pulled out of the courthouse after completing my repair order for a cracked windshield. :mad: and the cop told me that my exhaust was too loud :eek: and that was before the 3' duals with cut outs. thats was a little over 6 years ago and it was a $405 fine and 8! points on your license.

just some info

buickbert

Yeah, spinning the tires is the same ticket here, just making the point that the ricers just keep going 'till they hit something. It takes them a quarter mile to hit 60 mph. And the cop gave you a ticket because he has a problem with you, been there :mad:
Street racing done "smart" is sometime the only choice. People around here buy houses next to drag strips, airports, farms etc. and shut them down with their whining and six figure incomes.
Street racing is dangerous, so is driving. Just be smart about what ever you do. I've beaten many cars and only been to the track once :biggrin:

in colorado they can bust you for pretty much anything they want. at any given time your doing something illegal.

accelcerating too quickly, even if its totally by your self in the middle of nowhere and a cop sees you thats exhibition of speed. i've known people who were pulled over for this exhibition of speed when the cop couldn't see them, only hear the them "going fast" i believe that ticket was droped, but there was still the $20 court fee.

i've had another friend who was driving along minding his own business, left a stop light a little on the fast side, so did the car next to him, they weren't racing just going a little faster than necessary, cop gave them both speed contest tickets.

there is a lot of room for a cop to inturperate the laws here how ever they see hit to fill their quotas. sure there are good cops also, i don't mean to bash them all. but its the few excessive ones that bring a bad name to the rest of them.

back on topic i'm not saying the lack of racing lately is a bad thing, i do miss having all the great stories of people beating up on vipers to read, but its probably better. around here i've noticed a lot less people going to the track, they raised prices yet again, its now $35 a car, $15 for a spectator. and i haven't seen a race on the street, or been in one in a long long time. i couldn't imagine people would just stop doing it.

Here in WI you could even get a ticket for just juicing it once while going down the road, because we have a ticket here for Wreckless Display of Horsepower.

And also 390STEVE i would like to say i am also 17 and i will say that i know very few people like me, all the kids around here just care about there "cool" body kits and rims :frown: .

,Dan

im young!!! i got my gn when i was 18 crusied it for a lil then it started..but it is hard to find a good race most people know what these cars are and pass!!! some go for it but they are weaker cars!!!im 23 now thinking of slowing my GN down just to drive around for looks now...cops here really are cracking down on racing!!

IMHO, some of the reasons may be;
Not only are we getting older (and wiser :wink: ), the laws are more stringent and these cars are harder to find parts for ......... and, gas is no longer $1.50/gal for this daily driver ;).

I have passed up MANY races, because my car is not yet where I want it, plus, I in no hurry to get in any trouble. Mostly cruise around to show the car and to get the usual thumbs up ........ My F150 does not get that much attention :smile:

Well no wonder there is so much crime and murder ,the cops are *****'s and just like to generate revenue and get a big pat on the back ,oh and let talk suburban cops,the worst pannsies on the planet....
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:cool:

Attachments

• HPIM0144.JPG
    HPIM0144.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 383
ok now i wanna move there just to race now!!! nice drag strip!!!i mean country road :rolleyes:

I'm sure the decline in street racing is due to increased penalties and much less tolerant law enforcement.

in the late 90's I used to race a lot down in Houston, Tx. there were some very popular places to race. once place was an industrial business park (Brittmore) that had a really nice stretch of long, straight two-lane road. I can remember more than one occassion of seeing so many cars there they were parking in rows in the field and it looked like an organized, sanctioned drag racing event. back in those days, the police would usually just come in a break everything up for the night - no tickets, no impounds, no jailtime. we'd be back the following weekend.

where I live now, if you're caught engaging in anything that could even be perceived as street racing the police automatically impound your vehicle and take you to jail immediately. zero tolerance. :eek:

as a side note, when I think about some of the stupid stunts I pulled while street racing "back in the day", I just shake my head.