LED Taillight install question...

ChevMCarlo84

For those of you, or the man himself, that have installed scot w.'s LED tail kit...

Where the hell does the "no-load" flasher go? I read through the instructions a dozen times and still have no idea where it goes. I have the wiring done and the lights work, but the turn signals do not flash.

Thanks in advance!

Take off the plastic panel under your steering column for easier access, the big plastic one with the door to the fuse panel (you don't HAVE to but if you have large hands like me and are prone to break things:rolleyes: it's easier....then look up to the RIGHT of your steering column, up toward the center of the car and you'll see the flasher (should be silver) It's held in place by a clip that's screwed to...something:confused:. Just unclip the flasher and put in the new LED flasher and look for a good place to put that ground wire hanging from the LED flasher....I put mine on an existing screw I found looking around up there. That's it.

Scot W. could probably explain it better.....he's the pro with these and will go out of his way to help like he did for me and countless other guys here on the board (big plug for GNS PERFORMANCE)....I'm trying to help you because Scot W. set the example...:biggrin:

Feel free to ask any questions about this LED set...it's fabulous!!! Feel free to ask how to bust up any rear tail light assembly after putting the LEDs in the lenses like tripping and dropping the tail light assembly onto solid concrete. I'm real good at it!!!!:rolleyes: Matter of fact...feel free to ask me how to bust anything!:mad:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Got it! Thanks Bruce, I would have never found it under there!

Install is complete and they work flawlessly. These things are super slick. :cool:

Got it! Thanks Bruce, I would have never found it under there!

Install is complete and they work flawlessly. These things are super slick. :cool:

Great! You're welcome....I bet they are super slick....I can't wait to see how mine look, as I previously stated here on the forum, I had polished up my tail light lenses and installed the LED set in them as per Scot W's instructions, and as I was carrying the right tail light over to my GN, I stepped on the long wires, which tripped me and ripped the tail light out of my hands to smash on the concrete floor into lots and lots of unhappy pieces....I had searched everywhere until Bob (Inntercooled 88) got hold of a set of black trim pieces for me...I had painted the brackets on them, re-rivited them and sanded/painted the black trim...they looked great...all to have it ripped out of my hands and break....been searching for about a month for a replacement lens and trim, which I finally found (through one very good buddy on the forum) and awaiting them via mail. Hopefully soon I can experience the LEDs like you have. Been dying to see what they look like.

If you got them from Scot W. of GNS PERFORMANCE, you couldn't have bought them from a better guy....he's tops in my book.

Glad to help.

Bruce '87 Grand National