LED Bulbs

87BuickT

Searched but cant find the answer. Can I run any replacement LED bulbs? Would like to put led bulbs in the brake and tail lights and front turn signal and marker lights. Would I run into any problems? Also if I get some replacements for the analog dash cluster will I be able to adjust the intensity?

I put LEDs in my instrument cluster from superbrightleds.com They dimmed like normal. I am not sure on the tail or markers question though

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've replaced all my rear lights and parking lights with led's from superbrightleds.com. Just had to replace the turn signal flasher to one from them to make the turn signal work properly.

Where does the flasher go? What bulbs did everyone use? There are many choices. Want to choose the brightness light but some are so big they dont fit in the housing.

I have kirban's LED's in the dash and superbright in the VDO gauges. The Superbright dim better than the kirban's bulbs but the kirban's have longer reach and put more light on the gauge faces.

I've replaced all my rear lights and parking lights with led's from superbrightleds.com. Just had to replace the turn signal flasher to one from them to make the turn signal work properly.

Do you have pics/video? Would like to see how they compare to the ones Stott sells at GNS

I'm going with Scott W's set up when Im ready. I like the set up he sells. I have seen others out there but his setup looks real cool. Plus he is a paying vendor of this great site .I know they are not cheap but what is for these cars

For those who used superbrightleds.com. What bulb did you choose? There are many styles of each bulb. Dont know if they will physically fit in the housings.

From superbrightleds.com you need a CF12ANL-01: 2 PIN Black American Flasher. This replaced the one under the dash. I can't tell you exactly where it's mounted because mine was hanging down by 2 wires.
I used the 1156/7-x18T bulbs in red and amber depending on the color of the plastic it mounts behind. I ordered 2 in white for the backup lights but could not get them to fit in the 1156 socket.

I'm also wanting to get some LED lights but I can't make myself pay 550 for a complete kit! Anyone have a complete list of what all to order from superbrightleds.com to replace all the factory bulbs?

There is a guy on eBay who sells different kits. Here is one for our Buicks I'm gonna buy. It's $89. Plus 6.25 shipping.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397720433.188393.jpg

Quick question. Has anyone come across some 194 LED replacements that are 1. sufficiently bright and 2. light more than just directly out of the front of the bulb. I need some for my foot wells and don't want 2 really dim micro spot lights illuminating a square inch of my foot wells. Anyone did the leg work on these?

From superbrightleds.com you need a CF12ANL-01: 2 PIN Black American Flasher. This replaced the one under the dash. I can't tell you exactly where it's mounted because mine was hanging down by 2 wires.
I used the 1156/7-x18T bulbs in red and amber depending on the color of the plastic it mounts behind. I ordered 2 in white for the backup lights but could not get them to fit in the 1156 socket.
I read somewhere that you have to use 2 electronic flashers if you put LED light in the front and back of the car....anyone know how you would wire them?

It's been awhile since I've done mine but I just replaced one flasher down by the steering column under the dash. If you are buying from superbrightleds then just use the http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/vehicle/----/---/ to find the bulb type and then select the led bulb and price you choose. The only bulb I've been unable to replace is the backup light. The led's I've tried have a square lower shoulder that doesn't let the bulb go far enough down in the socket to engage the pins.