Leaky Fuel Pump.

Khanine

New Fuel Pump With Gasket.

Not Leaking From The Hose Or The Fitting.

Leaking From Where I Mount It To The Engine.

It Has A Gasket On It.

What Should I Do?

What Should I Use?

So it's leaking oil? I would check it and the timing cover for flatness. If everything is flat get another gasket, make sure everything is dry, use a torque wrench and it shouldn't leak.

If it's the pump I'm thinking of that has a lever that rides on an eccentric on the cam then fuel should never be in contact with the gasket. If that's the case and I understand your description of the problem correctly then I would guess the pump is bad.

If it's the pump I'm thinking of that has a lever that rides on an eccentric on the cam then fuel should never be in contact with the gasket. If that's the case and I understand your description of the problem correctly then I would guess the pump is bad.

its a new pump

He's right if it's leaking ANYWHERE other than at a hose, replace the pump. If it's dumping fuel into the lever arm area then you need to change the oil or it could wash out the bearings in the lower end. If it's a new pump bring it back and make them warranty it. Good Luck Jon Hanson

jhanson is right about the bearings. If it was leaking on the lever side then it's still leaking on the lever side. You just ensured it was all going into your oil instead of out onto your timing cover. Seams like a bad idea to me. Or did you find it was leaking from somewhere else?

jhanson is right about the bearings. If it was leaking on the lever side then it's still leaking on the lever side. You just ensured it was all going into your oil instead of out onto your timing cover. Seams like a bad idea to me. Or did you find it was leaking from somewhere else?

i think it was because i was putting it on with a ratchet.
but it doesnt leak anymore.

i just changed my oil yesterday.

still good.