leaks

RGS87GN

since ive had this car it had some mystery leaks. first i assumed moonroof, had the seal replaced for approximately 5 million dollars. then when it was recently painted i made sure the guys took out the side, and rear windows, and blow out anything that was clogged up. well the day i get it back the carpet is literally floating in the car in about 2 inches of water.......its completely detailed inside and out, but the its a friggin waterbed.

so after i remove all the seats and tear the carpet/insulation out, vacuum up all the water. spend about 4 hours with some brillo pads, wd-40, brake cleaner and shop towels. i get all the water up and everything clean with no actual damage done to the floor boards or welds or anything. so i spray on that fairly thick rubberizing stuff and it looks great. let it dry. next day it rains so i go try to find the mystery leak. water is coming in from the firewall somewhere up behind the fuse panel. ive been told its because the drains under the windshield wipers is most likely clogged too. has anyone run into this is? and is it a nightmare to fix? what is the best method to be 100% sure ive got the leak fixed before i put carpeting back in?