Leaking Torque Converter

czimpel

Boost...gotta get some!
I bought a new TC a couple years back from a board vendor, and have been trying to chase down a trans leak ever since. Long story short, engine rebuild, balancing issues with it, trans issues, and now I'm finally back driving it. Anyways, I've now narrowed the trans leak to something in the front side of the TC leaking and spraying fluid all around the bell housing. I tried to pressure test it with no luck, and had a small hole welded up hoping it was it. I literally have 500-1000 miles on this with no track time. It hasn't even been pushed hard.

Looking for any thoughts on how to trace down the leak, or what I should do.

Thanks, Cory

Richard Clark has a way to pressure test them and has found many with leaks around the welds.

How can I pressure test it at home? Anyone build something to do this? What pressure should I test to?

PTC 10inch lockup? I've had a few leak, send it back they will fix it.

How's it leaking? is it an intermittent leak from the front of the trans (which sometimes is a semi-steady stream)? Mine did this for a while but havent had a chance to drop the trans and inspect (New Baby :)) But im hoping its just the converter and not a damaged front pump or anything internal. [my converter is an old PTS Billet 9x11 though]

-aaron

How's it leaking? is it an intermittent leak from the front of the trans (which sometimes is a semi-steady stream)? Mine did this for a while but havent had a chance to drop the trans and inspect (New Baby :)) But im hoping its just the converter and not a damaged front pump or anything internal. [my converter is an old PTS Billet 9x11 though]

-aaron
It's coming from the front side of the TC, so right behind the flex plate.

I am the original owner. I ordered it through Dusty over the phone. I'm having troubles finding his number now, do you know how to contact them?