Lc-1 wont connect to computer

87we4turbo

I just installed an LC-1, and went out and bought a serial to USB connector so I can plug it into the computer. A driver did get installed when I plugged it in, but when I click on the LM Programmer it just says 'please connect the device to a serial port and switch it on. Help?

LC-1 powered on? Plugged in the right serial port (there are two) and the dummy plug installed in the unused port?

Well originally I had the patch cable, where the terminator plug should go. Only to realize that I don't have the terminator plug for some reason, don't recall ever seeing it. So I'd assume that's my problem. As for powering the LC-1, I just turn the key on right? Or am I missing something. Also, if I need the terminator plug, is there anywhere I could pick one up? The car is ready to rock except for this small hiccup and its driving me absolutely nuts haha

I haven't tried to use one of those serial to USB adapters yet.... not sure how well they work.

I haven't tried to use one of those serial to USB adapters yet.... not sure how well they work.

I used one for a while then my LC-1 crapped out and I bought a PLX and problem solved.

You need that plug for the lc1 IN connector. You will have to download software to do the serial to USB connection too. I just did this a couple weeks ago.
My lc1 resets from interference from the electrical system tho. I need to move it away from other wires.

I just did this last week. Sometimes mine acts up gotta unplug and plug it in a couple times

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yeah I ended up just cutting the Jumper plug, and twisted the wires together. Bam! Terminator plug. I also have to mount my LC-1 better, just kinda threw it together just to see if I wired it correctly, just gotta make it look nice now.
Thanks guys