launching

You may want to consider the Nitto's then if u DD it...their not as good as MT's or BFG's but I believe they have tread similar to a regular street radial

All bets are off in the rain. You didnt mention that. Your pretty much stuck. I dont know if the BF Goodrich go in the rain, but the ET's are not very good on really wet roads. Not too bad on damp roads,but when there are puddles, not good at all. Not too many guys here that daily drive modded cars on crappy days.Too dangerous on the drag radials. My regular radials were bad enough after I turned up the boost. Your call on what you want to do now.

:biggrin:

yeah i will look into it more moneys a liitle tight so im going to wait on these tires to burn off. my car is non posi i dont know if you saw the post before.

yeah i will look into it more moneys a liitle tight so im going to wait on these tires to burn off. my car is non posi i dont know if you saw the post before.

$$$ is always tight, this is America. Better get a posi first, then tires. Any 2 tires are going to hook better then 1 good one...LOL. Never heard of a single trac GN, I would love to slap the smile off the idiots face who put that in. GM does the dumbest things.

$$$ is always tight, this is America. Better get a posi first, then tires. Any 2 tires are going to hook better then 1 good one...LOL. Never heard of a single trac GN, I would love to slap the smile off the idiots face who put that in. GM does the dumbest things.

Mine was a pegleg, too! Dopey me ASSUMED all GN's were Posi and didn't look at the window sticker. Fixed THAT mistake right away with an nice Auburn unit.

I run the 255/60/15's MT's on stock TR wheels and they fit fine. They even bolt up to my Dad's 85 Camaro without rubbing despite the offset difference. I run them at 33psi on the street and car is much more fun to drive and I don't loose out of the whole races, even better at 24psi at the track with a little VHT! My car is no power monster either but I've never had a problem getting the smaller MT's to hook at the track. I think the 275's would be better on the street though but I like the fit of the 255's.

mine also had the pegleg, but has the aluminium drums:confused:WTF, I've got the NT555 275/50's, new set is 275/60 sitting in the garage now. fit great! look mean, and aren't too too bad in rain as long as now massive standing water is in the road. picked up the new ones for like 105 a piece. posi would be much better first though like coach said.

my car is non posi

There's your other problem then. Not only are you a 1 tire fryer but on street meats too. Yeah you ain't gonna ever hook for chit, heck even the rice burners are thinking "Wow I actually have a chance with that black car there".

Get you a posi. Eaton makes them for the 8.5 rear which is what your car should have. (prodived no one's ever changed the rear end) Plan to spend $350-$500 for one, and a little more to have someone set it up for you.

Then since you said you'd be driving the car in the rain, I'd keep your street meats on the rear and get you a set of cheap 15X8 rims with a 4 inch backspace and then get you a set of M/T drag radials, either size 275-50R15 or 275-60R15 and throw those on when you want to race.
Figure another $400 for the tires, the rims, depending on how cheap you can get them. (I picked up a set of 15X8 Chevy rallys used $80)

Also race on the strip if you can. Not only is it legal and safer but the track officials usually prep the track to make it a little sticky to help traction. On asphalt, it's not prepped for anything.

Do all of this and tell Mustang boy you would like a rematch. Do everything right and I doubt you'll be beat unless your car takes a dump during the race.

HTH