Launching Trouble

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys i finally got a new transmission installed after my last one crapped out on me. Anyways i got around to driving it today and wanted to see how much boost i could build from a stop. Im fairly new to this car and havent had much time with it so i will write out exactly what im doing. First i put my foot firmly on the brake, then i put my foot to the floor on the gas and was waiting on boost to build, it takes it quite a while, probably 10 seconds to get up to 3lbs or so. Then i let out and it feels like its coming out of the hole slowly. Im thinking i should be able to build more boost then this. Also before i switched to this new convertor i was able to break my back tires loose while doing this. The car will not break the back tires loose now, no matter how much gas i give it. Whats up? BTW i have a pats 3000 stall, te44 turbo, and Gbody 3in downpipe, no cat, 3in exhaust. Thanks

At what paint does it stall at 0/1 psi of boost? te44 turbo should break loose the tires stock stall iirc. Maybe you have a lock up issue. Hows your speedo reading?

Sounds like you may have an exhaust leak or something going on. 10 sec to build 3# is bad.

Guys i might be retarded, i forgot that i havent even hooked up the speedo cable. Would that have something to do with this?

Hook the speedo cable up and report back to us. I think that might be your issue.

Nix

Post back if that was it, or if you found something else, mainly to help folks who come along after you with similar issues. That 44 should spool quickly, I know mine does.

My 5 disc vig is rated over 3000 stall but on my car it stalls at 2700 at 0/1 psi, but even with that tight of a converter, my 44 rips to as much boost as you want; brakes/tires don't stand a chance! :D

the speedo has nothing to do with it

think for a second what he posted then sit back a while and think before you post

the car is being foot braked the car isnt moving so speedo/vss doesnt come to play ..

first off ten seconds is way to long , something wrong with motor ignition or tune , or bad leaking headers intercooler

and 10 seconds on a converter that you just fixed a trans with is not good either due to heat buildup , keep it up and youll be doing the trans again real soon
trab you need to get the vss working for the chip and also for lockup to work as running the trans with a lockup unlocked wont help the heat situation

and the 3000 stall should be verified , as asked whats the rpm at 0-1 psi boost

Wow, I didn't even think of that haha. Good point. I would then point at a leak somewhere. Check to see if the headers have cracks in them.

Hey guys i think pacecarta is right, but i still need to fix this speedo cable. So i just pulled up on some ramps and im looking at it now, it wasnt that i forgot to hook it up, its plugged in the spot on the trans but i guess it was not put in correctly. So i pulled it out and a good bit of trans fluid came out with it, is that normal? Also how do i know when its installed correctly? It seats all the way in easily but i have no clue if there is a certain way to put it in or what. Thanks

assume what you pulled was the speedometer driven gear (bullet)
not sure why you are playing around with that
push it in and align the retainer tab

Yes just to see if the tires would break loose but they wouldent. And yes im looking bullet part of the cable, because that was the only part i took out when replacing the trans and the speedo worked fine before.

Hey guys sorry its been a while, but i havent had much time to work on the car. I found out i was missing the plastic gear for the speedo bullet. So i got that fixed, and i also noticed that when i try and footbrake the car that my 02's read 0000 is this normal? Thanks

A few guys mentioned it in this thread already but did you check your headers/crossover pipe for leaks or cracks yet??

Ive been talking with Brian at gbody parts and gave him all my scanmaster numbers at idle and the only glaring thing was my IAC numbers where to high. They were around 50, would that cause any problems like what im having? Thanks here the numbers btw...

idle
02 - 430-530
af - 06
lb - 43
int - 132
bl - 133
clt - 170
ats - 106
r - 800-825
tps - .42
cc - 25-251
iac - 47-50

Ive been talking with Brian at gbody parts and gave him all my scanmaster numbers at idle and the only glaring thing was my IAC numbers where to high. They were around 50, would that cause any problems like what im having? Thanks here the numbers btw...

idle
02 - 430-530
af - 06
lb - 43
int - 132
bl - 133
clt - 170
ats - 106
r - 800-825
tps - .42
cc - 25-251
iac - 47-50

Looks good. Open the throttle blade more at idle to lower your iac readings but you'll need to adjust your tps sensor after that to keep it in range if you move it a lot.