Late 80's Mustang

captflash

Old and Bold
I don't normally answer the call/street challenge but all the planets lined up and ....
I was driving the T Type home from picking up some items from Bennetts Auto and as I was coming up towards a side street a late 80's Mustang pulled up. Even from a distance the car looked nice, great paint job, nice American Racing wheels and as I passed he revved it and I could hear the sound of forced induction. But traffic was stacked up behind me and he couldn't get out for 5-6 cars. It was just a 2 lane road also so I kind of put it out of mind but I kept an eye on him. About a mile later the road goes from 2 lanes to 6 lanes with a traffic light and here he comes. The light was red and I was slowing when it changes. The Mustang was a car length back in the left lane and we were rolling about 20 miles an hour. I was watching him in the drivers side mirror when I see him nail it and could hear him coming so hammer down. He was there for a second and then the boost was in and Alpha Mike Foxtrot! He was trying for a few more seconds but I was pulling away quickly. We pull up to the next light and he rolls up along side and gives me a thumbs up and asks the question to which I responded with it's a 231 c.i. V6. At 18lbs of boost too. The look on his face: priceless and I was grinning like a dog eating yellowjackets! He said "you're not stock" and I said "neither are you". I turned off the street heading home and laughed. These cars never cease to amaze me.

Yes,nice kill and great story.

Maybe you can be our East Coast Mean Chicken?

Tough act to follow!