Last Oldsmobile to roll off assembly line Thursday

Originally posted by matt87
what does Chevy sell???? are you allright? i see so many dam impalas/monte carlos every day it makes me sick! i definetly see more Pontiac grand ams and grand prixs than any other gm on the road.

Guess I should have asked what they sell that's worth a crap. Unless it's a truck/SUV or Vette, they don't pay any attention to form, just function. That's why the imports are killing these days. They offer form & function in the same package. I hardly ever see those 2 cars, and the Malibu keeps getting uglier and uglier. The Olds cars were sharp and functional cars. I like the interior on the Impala, but that's about it for what they offer.

Too bad so many Americans forgot about OUR economy and went out and bought imports. Trust me, you'd be pissed if your job was cut out when the money goes overseas.

Originally posted by smokin'6
Too bad so many Americans forgot about OUR economy and went out and bought imports. Trust me, you'd be pissed if your job was cut out when the money goes overseas.

OH man! - I'm not even gonna touch that one...

two words why i'll never buy a japanese made car. PEARL HARBOR !!! thats the least i can do for people who lost their fathers and grandfathers, etc etc....

Don't forget the German cars, don't want any of those BMW's either. No British car either, you know we had a problem with them back a couple hundred years ago too. Guess I shouldn't buy any American cars either, since most are assembled in the North and we had some trouble with those guys just over 100 yrs ago. Due to the Alamo, I can't buy GM since most cars are assembled in Mexico. Damn, guess I'm footing it! Barefoot in my cave I guess, I don't want to support the wrong countries manufacturing things for me to use in everyday life.

:confused:

Originally posted by 88 CuttyClassic
two words why i'll never buy a japanese made car. PEARL HARBOR !!! thats the least i can do for people who lost their fathers and grandfathers, etc etc....
That, and they suck like a mormon on her last dime.

Originally posted by GN One Day...
Don't forget the German cars, don't want any of those BMW's either. No British car either, you know we had a problem with them back a couple hundred years ago too. Guess I shouldn't buy any American cars either, since most are assembled in the North and we had some trouble with those guys just over 100 yrs ago. Due to the Alamo, I can't buy GM since most cars are assembled in Mexico. Damn, guess I'm footing it! Barefoot in my cave I guess, I don't want to support the wrong countries manufacturing things for me to use in everyday life.

:confused:

I forone WILL buy Mercedes and BMW when I can (hopefully I can afford it.) There's NOT a American car made today NEW that is as appealing, reliable and not to mention has RESALE VALUE as the Germans and the Japs. Lexus is a FINE ride also.

I bought my STS brand NEW and it's the last NEW American car i'll purchase (with exception to a Vette or VIper)

Just MY .01:)

Here's something to ponder....

My Toyota was built in Kentucky while my father's chevy was built in Canada.... hmmmmmmm...... They sure make it hard to "buy American" now-a-days...

---Ron

Originally posted by 88 CuttyClassic

I like to think we kinda 1-upped them with the whole Nagasaki/Hiroshima deal... I'm willing to accept that that a$$ whoopin' was ample playback..

And plus, I love my 4Runner almost as much as I love my GN!!

---Ron

Originally posted by 2 QK 4 U
^^^^^^ I took that sarcastically...what about everyone else?^^^^

I hope so! ;)

It's not really possible to buy American in cars. With all the joint ventures, changing ownerships, stocks and all, it's all mixed up anyway. Where the end money goes isn't really as important as the jobs created and local revenue generated. Nissan built a new plant 30 mi from here--and they're adding on. My Isuzu Amigo was built in Indiana. That's a lot of jobs for Americans through the plants, suppliers, shipping etc, not to mention other revenue generated by their presence for the area. The point is to buy what you want, but don't apply some grandiose guilt trip to others. I shop for cars, not manufacturors. I don't like to be limited.