Last 9/11 Cruise Update * please read *

tazmision89

Good day to all.

With 9/11 on 2 days away, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone ahead of time for taking time out of your busy schedules to participate in this cruise.

This cruise is dedicated to all those that lost their lives as well as all of the brave men and women that are fighting the war to maintain our freedom in this great country of ours.

I just want to remind everyone of the rules laid out for this cruise as well as the planned route.

1. The cruise will last around 60 - 90 minutes (depending on traffic conditions)
2. NO SPEEDING. This is a memorance cruise and not a "let's see who can get there the fastest" type cruise. Cruise speed will be exactly what the speed limit is.
3. If you can, please bring "talk about" radios. Preferably ones with sub channels.
This will make it easier on everyone and help keep the cruise organized.
4. Please bring candles. We plan on stopping at OBI to light our candles and have a moment of silence to remember the events of September 11th and those who lost their precious lives.
5. Please make sure you have a full tank of gas and/or enough to last you the entire cruise.
6. Show you support. Bring a flag or write messages on your car windows.
7. Bring as many people that you want to participate in this cruise.

The cruise route is as follows:

Everyone that is participating in this cruise must arrive on or before 6:30pm September 11th at Micro Center 655 Merrick Ave, Westbury, NY 11590

We will head South on Merrick Ave. to Hempstead Tpk.
We will then head East on Hempstead Tpk. to the Wantagh Parkway.
We will head South on the Wantagh Parkway towards Ocean Parkway.
We will take Ocean Parkway East to OBI. (see topic 4)
We will get back on Ocean Parkway heading East to Robert Moses Parkway.
We will head North on Robert Moses Parkway towards the Southern State Parkway.
We will take the Southern State Parkway West and get off at the Route 110 Huntington exit North.
We will take Route 110 North towards the Farmingdale Republic Plaza and arrive in the Jillian's Parking Lot where we will have another candle light moment of silence.

VOLUNTEERS!!!

I am looking for a few good individuals that are willing to ensure that the cruise runs smoothly but most importantly safely. It would be great if there are any law enforcement participants,
if so, please email me at tazmision89@yahoo.com if you are willing to help out otherwise we can talk before the cruise starts.

MOMENT OF SILENCE

Depending on the amount of vehicles that are participating, when arriving to the OBI parking lot, we will make a complete circle in the lot so that our cars are all facing the exit, so that when we depart, we can all leave effectively.

While at OBI, we will all exit our vehicles and stand by them. At this point I will have a few words to say in memory of the events of 9/11. After that we shall light our candles and have a 2 minute moment of silence.

Also, if anyone has a nice enough sound system and can get a copy of God Bless America. Please let me know ahead of time. I would like to end OBI with this.

END OF CRUISE

Once we arrive at the Jillian's parking lot, we should all gather in the same way as we did at OBI. At this point we will relight our candles 1 more time and have a 2 minute moment of silence followed by God Bless America.

If anyone wants to participate by saying a few words at OBI or at the Jillian's parking lot, please notify me before the cruise starts.

I will be at the Micro Center parking lot at 6:00pm. I will have candles to hand out for those that did not bring any. I will be in the black and gold IROC-Z at the fartest left parking spot facing Merrick Ave. My name is Tony for all that don't know and I will be there to greet everyone.

I look forward to meeting everyone and I will see you all on Wednesday.

Regards,

Hi, I would like to attend this event in my GN wiht my girl. How many poeople are going??? please let me know. Do you know whats the weather suppose to be like tomorrow?
thanks!
Ralph

The weather looks good for tonight. As far as how many cars are going, it is anyones guess. Right now the total is between 40 and 50, but word has it that News 12 promoted the cruise on television so that number can grow. Also, there has been word that they may do a piece of this cruise as well. :)

I just figured i would stop in this forum and see what pepole were saying about 9/11. I really wish i could attend this cruise in rememberance with you but im here in wisconsin. It sounds Like it is a good way to think about and remamber the lifes our country has lost. I just want you to know that if i could be there, i would. i hope its a succes.

I just want to thank everyone who went tonight for the cruise. I had a great time. It was organized well. I notcied quite a few people on the road got involved to. very cool. Surprisingly I was the only GN there. Alot of GTP's and Camaros', all very nice looking.
thanks again!
Ralph